Aeroflow 7075 on Barra, interested in peoples experience with this turbo or equivalent, power, rpm range, lag etc

01txr

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d
On 06/04/2021 at 3:53 PM, Tom Tucker said:

I'm with you, response is where it's at. Nothing worst than some laggy turbo on the street.

You have similar goals to me. I went G35-900, but you could probably buy 4 Aeroflows for the cost of that

Tom, looked at the g35 and no T4 flange.

Just T3 and vband.

Looks like next step is a g42, nothing between.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

Didn't know you could get one in T3. Mine is Vband on 6boost

6 hours ago, 01txr said:

Searched the G35-900, says its for 2.0L to 3.5L engines.

Great power rating.

You would surely be controlling boost down low in first 3 gears on street rubber.

What are you revving yours too and does it hold boost to your rev limit?

Not really man. Stock GT3582R on stock manifold was more prone to wheelspin in the first three gears

• Member For: 17y 2m 14d

Heres the g35-1050

Suited for 2.0L to 5.5L.

It too is only vband and t3.

Might go this in vband with the 1.21 A/R.

Sell off my TO4z setup.

https://www.garrettmotion.com/racing-and-performance/performance-catalog/turbo/g-series-g35-1050/

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I've tried a bunch of different turbos and the one thing that always happens is the power falls over at 5500rpm due to stock cams. The only way to carry the power out further is to jam more boost into it after 5500rpm or get cams.

Something else to think about is, if you want a responsive high hp car you should get a supercharged V8. Running a big turbo on a 4 litre 6 and expecting response is... well it just doesn't happen.

That aeroflow you got shouldn't be too bad but it'll be on around 1000rpm later than a stock f6 turbo. I've got a 7675 and it's lit up to 30+psi and going nuts before 3500rpm on a cold day and about 400rpm later in the middle of summer.

If you short shift to 3rd or 4th in the zf and plant it there is lag for days. Kick it down a gear and there's no worries.

Anyhow there's my 2 cents and a bit. :drinks:

Edited by Puffwagon
Why not?
  • Like 1

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

I’ve never had the pleasure of driving a tuned up supercharged v8 but I’ve driven a factory Supercharged VF gts completely stock tbh there fairly gutless under 2800 rpm...... although when cruising along you plant it kicks down a gear or 2and it’s just instant power fun cars...

my personal opinion on the Barras is that for a STREET car the GTX 3582 & G35 sized turbos (and other manufacturers equivalents) are about perfect for them lag is minimal and they make enough power to keep 99% of people happy any bigger then that and there not such a good street car anymore... keep in mind this is just my opinion and I’m sure some will disagree, I’ve  driven a Barra with a gtx 42 wasn’t for me nothing power wise then suddenly it’s a smoke show and your tearing tyres apart and revving at 7000rpm in the blink of an eye it is fun to begin with but when smaller frame turbo cars with 50% less power then you are belting you off the lights and up to 120kph... it gets fairly annoying.

@01txr have you considered pulsar turbo systems equivalent on the garret g35-900 or 1050 there much much cheaper then the genuine garret.. 

tbh I’m considering a pulsar turbo, I know the garret is probably better but bloody hell garrets have gotten super expensive gtx3582 gen 1 supercores used to be $1500 a few years ago can’t touch a garret for that money anymore...

pulsar seem to have a decent rep maxx performance is using them on the regular and some YouTube reviews rate them highly.

pulsar turbo g35-1050 with a t3 and Vband is $1325, it’s $1600 if you want the t51 mod done on the comp housing 

Genuine garret cheapest I’ve seen is 

$4000 and most places want around 4300, tbh it’s a ridiculous price for a turbo 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 27d

I think the problem relates to the step from 500kw and beyond.

You can get a nice responsive turbo on the stock exhaust manifold which flows perfectly up to 500kw. Beyond that, you really need an aftermarket manifold to avoid engine damage. As soon as you move away from the stock manifold you give up response. So a lot of people end up jumping from 4-500kw to 700kw. There isn't really an in between 

• Like 1

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

Yea I agree, I just sometimes wonder (and I genuinely mean wonder not being a smartars*), why people like these cars with the large frame turbos e.g. gtx 42 and larger that are heaps laggy they make the car hard to drive and enjoy (I can understand if 1/4 times are the main goal though)

hey Tom why is the standard manifold only good to 500 why does more then that risk damage?  Is it a flow issue I’m assuming?