Already tuned on stock dump, do I need a new tune for new dump?

hjtrbo

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

This is all based on a retune being mandatory for a dump/exhaust change.

Because the car is already tuned, there is every chance you can back off the actuator preload a touch to iron out the oncoming boost spike and it'll be fine.

If you can already log it and check the afr there's no reason not to try.

• Thanks 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 10d

And a crash course on preload, I found a thread you helped a fellow member with. Will be suitable for me to. Thanks puff

And on a side note, if anyone reading this is thinking of going for their first tune, or buying an existing tuned car, ask the tuner if the tune will be or is locked. 

If they do, I ask you kindly to please tell them no thanks and take your money elsewhere. If a quarter of their potential customers start telling them no, I hope they will change there practices. Would be nice if I could get a movement started. Unlocked Tunes Matter or something like that...

Edited by hjtrbo
Added thread link

• Member For: 3y 1m 4d

@hjtrbo

sucks that he won’t help you out and I’ve got every sympathy for you man hope you can sort it out to your liking :) but it be nice if you told everyone who it is...

I don’t understand when people say don’t wish to mention who..... If your telling the truth (which I believe you are don’t doubt you at all) you should state who it is.... and warn other consumers. Just like you said tell them youl take your money elsewhere it’s easier for us to do so if we know who is practicing like this 

I respect most professions just as I do performance workshops but I sorta get over this whole thing about not wanting to name tuners or performance workshops like there some sort of mafia that no one can speak out against....

If I ripped off or upset my clients people would certainly make it known and I’d eventually be out of a job anyways sorry for my little rant all the best with getting it sorted mate 

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 10d

Maxx performance.

I can't complain with the tune he's done. Its very good. There is only some minor personality stuff I would change to suit my own taste. As a seat of the pants comparison I have a 470rwkw VF tuned by APS and the xr6 drives better than the tune in that. So for that I rate his tune.

But...

Just can't stand it that he won't unlock it so I ask everyone to please stay away. 

Edited by hjtrbo
  • Like 3

• Member For: 3y 1m 4d

Good on you for letting us know, tuners keeping there tune locked vs unlocked is a big debate and there’s arguments for both sides...  but at least now we know we can make an informed choice about that shop 

• Like 1