Current values FG F6s

TRYME

• Member For: 3y 1m 3d

25k and that was the max they would insure  it for last year!!! So a 9k increase is good touch wood if something was to happen I still couldn't replace it for 34k but it's much better than 25!!

Edited by TRYME
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

Yeah that’s a healthy increase! Its not just the replacement factor but what if u have a minor accident and if it’s the difference between them writing your car off or repairing based on what u have it covered for. Lots of things to consider, but ill still keep an eye on things and if in 6 months times things r even crazier I’ll try upping again.

Glad it worked out for u though

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 26d

No other place will insure my XR6T Manual. RAC refused to quote. Same with AAMI.

I am with Shannons at the moment and they are well aware of all the mods on the car.

Insured for 24k and no more. Been with them for a couple of years now.

For the last year, she has not put on more then 3000km. My new toy covers all the kms now.

I have been tempted to sell her, but I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it. She has been a daily since 2012 up until late 2019/early 2020.

I also don't know if I would have the patience to put up with all the phone calls.

Yea nrma were happy to insure me (it's in my business name though and with good claim history idk if this makes a difference in there decision or not) 

Also GIO were also happy to insure on the proviso that they won't cover anyone under 25 driving it.

shannons I tried years ago but they were so damn expensive (like double) and I never tried again maybe I'll get a quote next renewal and see what they say 

my advice if you could use the money and you don't love the car the way you once did sell it.

If what you'd get selling it won't make a big difference to you keep it and have solace in the fact you own a car never to be made again and a great one at that. 

Personally I don't think the hype for the Barra will be as hot as what it is right now forever... so if you do want to eventually sell I'd be selling now.

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

if you want to make some money now is the time to sell up

same with the property market, its gone crazy in vic. 

are we all blaming the covid tax still :troll:

True... in regards to the property market it's just as bad if not worse here in Sydney,, mind you this is sooo unsustainable first home buyers who can't/won't get help from parents are struggling to get into even the bottom end of the market, relaxed lending criteria mixed with super low interest rates is leading to people taking on bigger mortgages..... with jobkeeper ending and with interest rates eventually going to climb again I'm not to keen to see what's going to happen....... personally I think there will be a significant market correction again and that's when I plan to purchase another property