ZF box ? playing up at drags

snakeoilstu

• Member For: 3y 1m 25d

I have as I thought first gear in the turbos is to short and I'd get a better time..... nope no good.. I always got the best time launching in first...

Are you considering a ZF rebuild? 

Edited by TRYME

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

The good part about an accelerator pedal is that it is variable.

Lift the pedal slightly when the turbo comes on and it'll make less power etc etc.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

That way works good when you get the hang of it. You'll probably get off it then floor it again in 1st gear cos it'll probably hook up again after 4500rpm at wot.

Another way is to shift into second a smidge before the boost kicks in.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d
On 21/03/2021 at 10:17 PM, TRYME said:

hmmm anyone please correct me if im

Wrong but I don’t think 300rwkw is

Enough to dip into the 11s in the heavy falcon 

A FG and F6310 sedan can and should do high 11’s all day long when making a true 290+ RWKW and tuned correctly to do so. Been there and done it quite a few times over the years. M/T’s Street ET’s, Boost off the line, torque reduction limited and obviously a good tune ;)

• Member For: 5y 7m 15d
40 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

That way works good when you get the hang of it. You'll probably get off it then floor it again in 1st gear cos it'll probably hook up again after 4500rpm at wot.

Another way is to shift into second a smidge before the boost kicks in.

I'm leaving on anything up to 10PSI as long as the track will hold it (well could go to I think about 16PSI but that's driveshaft twisting/input shaft breaking  territory or it just does a burnout on the line....) - so I generally don't need to wait for boost once I've left. Usually leaving at about 2,800rpm and try and hold 2-4PSI.

I feel like if I change early from 1st to 2nd early, the change is quite long and the decceleration jolt as it changes is quite severe.

• Member For: 3y 1m 25d

Mate as you already mentioned don't leave the line with 16psi youl deffs break something 

1 hour ago, JETURBO said:

A FG and F6310 sedan can and should do high 11’s all day long when making a true 290+ RWKW and tuned correctly to do so. Been there and done it quite a few times over the years. M/T’s Street ET’s, Boost off the line, torque reduction limited and obviously a good tune ;)

Ahh the MTs probably help allitle hey, what about on good street tyres jet? Reckon it can be done? Something like Michelin pilot 4S ?

• Member For: 5y 7m 15d
Mate as you already mentioned don't leave the line with 16psi youl deffs break something
Yeah I know. I was just making a point that I can leave the line on boost and don't generally have to wait for it to build or kick in Midway through their gear like stock.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Sounds like the slight lift when boost kicks in will be the go then.

Hey mate it's all for fun and we learn along the way so let us know how you get on :)

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d
5 hours ago, TRYME said:

Ahh the MTs probably help allitle hey, what about on good street tyres jet? Reckon it can be done? Something like Michelin pilot 4S ?

Have managed to get a customers G6ET that made 320rwkw to 11.9 with Bridgestone Potenzas on lux pack 19’s before so yeh a good quality tyre can definitely cut it