lykag6

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

There was nothing wrong with what you said, it just wasn't mechanically relevant to anything that jumps out, hence it's vague from a troubleshooting standpoint.

• Member For: 3y 7m 6d

As K31th said........there's nothing there that stands out. You state the oil light came on..........that could mean a dozen things. Gone are the days , where things are simple with cars. Best get it to a mechanic , by towing or driving and have the car scanned. Go from there.................on the off chance, Hows the coolant? any oil in there from the gear box....................?

• Member For: 3y 1m 26d

yeah okay fair...I'll get it checked on Monday. I think it could be the o2 sensors, I was having really bad fuel economy as well - 17.7l but its dropped down to 15.8 since owning maybe the ZF service helped it not sure. 

hey guys! so dropped it off earlier today. Guy told me it was the ignition coil for one of the cylinders. Said he'll change all of em plus the spark plugs, and do service on the engine + fuel filter and brake fluids need to be changed. Will get it back tomorrow :)

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Inevest in scanner mate. Will help you more than you know atm. With all due respect. No one here can always give you a 100% accurate answer just based on a story of what’s happening. Without codes, it’s reallly really hard to diagnose an engine light. Legit could be 100s or 1000s of reasons for why the one light came on. 

here’s an example from ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313245323290

Edited by biddie_fiddler
What -> why

12 hours ago, lykag6 said:

hey guys! so dropped it off earlier today. Guy told me it was the ignition coil for one of the cylinders. Said he'll change all of em plus the spark plugs, and do service on the engine + fuel filter and brake fluids need to be changed. Will get it back tomorrow :)

what do you guys think a fair cost for all this would be?