HELP - G6E 2012 FG MK2 NA - Engline light came on

lykag6

• Member For: 3y 1m 26d

Hi guys,

Really freaking out and frankly pissed.

New car I bought 2 months ago, barely drove 1000km this whole time and the car has 106000kms on it.

A few days I was driving and I gave it a light hit to 70-80 and it felt really odd like it almost didnt wanna push more. Later I did it again and it felt fine. 

Just then tonight, left my house, warmed up the car a few mins too before I drove off. Lightly drove for a few minutes then I decided to give it a hit when I was driving 50 to get to 80 and it felt weird again. This time, the engine light came on and it was yellow, it went away a minute later. 

The car felt weird, like a weird dying vibration almost, so I pulled around and came home really slowly as the car felt weird. It also felt really heavy in the steering.

Get home, the bloody hood keeps dropping on my head, I think it's cause I'm parked on a slope downhill but what a joke that is seriously. I did manage to have a look in this rain after stopping for 5 mins and the oil looked fine. Golden colour and was quite high on the dip stick.

Any ideas what it could be?

When I went to the mechanic a month ago to get the ZF serviced as the owner hadn't done it, they checked the car and did say the engine was seeping oil, which apparently is on the low end of worries in terms of oil coming out. Can't really see anything on the street I'm parked on underneath usually either. But I'm assuming that's not the issue as there was oil in the car.

Super worried, also worried I can't drive the car to a mechanic in this state and I might have to tow it.

The guy before had done all the services every 15k so it looked good on paper and seemed genuine. This sucks 😞

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

do you have a tune box? e.g. an xcal? it should be fine to drive it off boost to a mechanic, unless there's something else seriously and obviously wrong with it.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

oh, you posted this in the "G6E Turbo" section; my bad. Moved to the N/A section.

It'll be fine to drive to a mechanic then, just don't flog it.

• Member For: 3y 1m 26d

the description of the cars response though? how about the fact that I noticed when I put my foot on the gas off the line, it feels like I need to press it in more, causing me to go off slower as I'm use to gently applying the gas and the car going. Could this relate?