No Boost in my fg xr6 turbo..please explain..

Sleepr6T

• Member For: 5y 6m 25d

Hi all...first time poster but been a member for a few years...tried to search on topics for any reason why I have no boost what so ever...just started this morning ..driving along and no turbo smart going off..check boost E2 gauge..says -21..etc..then as accelerate hits..00..feels like im riding in a taxi cab..damn there is no power what so ever..checked under hood..all pips es are on nice and tight but cant see anything esle..any suggestion would be appreciated..thxz

slpr6T

Edited by Sleepr6T
spelling error

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2d

Must be a leak I reckon. If your wastegate was stuck open you would still make some boost and you'd probably have other noises if your turbo was cactus.

Double check all of you pipes, around the throttle body, etc. If you have factory piping make sure nothing has split where you can't see it. Some of the pipes are behind the bumper, so pull the splash shield off underneath and check them.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

definitely a boost leak if it shows vacuum (that -21 reading, which is in "inches of mercury" instead of PSI which your positive pressure would be) then goes to zero... that says you're basically running as N/A so you've probably popped off an intercooler pipe.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 6m 25d

well..got my son to check it out and sure enuff found like pin holes on intake from turbo rubbing up against overflow tank clamp and another on bottom inter cooler hose..so hopeing the problem is solved.....thx for help..