Bf turbo replacement .. issues , idling rough

Ammf6

• Member For: 3y 1m

I’ve just installed a new turbo on my 2006 bf xr6 turbo , Same stock turbo no mods , my old turbo bearings sh*t itself . Installed the new app turbo , the car runs fine now , however  after about 10

minutes of driving the car will start to idle real rough almost like it’s going to run out of fuel.. if I let it sit and rest for a bit it’s fine but then will

do the same process . Would this be a coil / spark plug issue ? I’ve changed the oil , oil filter fuel filter . Next will be the coils and plugs . Anyone had this issue 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

if it only happens when it's 10min into driving, it sounds more like something related to the thermostat... e.g. something in the cooling system isn't liking being used in the extra cooling flow or the extra parasitic drain of the water pump on the system may be causing something else attached to the pulley systems to be running slightly out of spec...

but coils and plugs is always a good way to go, trouble-shooting wise, with regard to any falcon that's running rough.

• Member For: 3y 1m

Is there a way of checking the cooling system ??   The turbo oil return line to sump was blocked , small pin hole which Was what caused the turbo to fail I’m guessing . The previous owner may have not looked after her / regular oil changes ect  I’m guessing . 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I swear you are on crack sometimes k31th :declare:

OP, think about what's changed cos you probably farked it up yourself if it was fine before.

Check that you haven't disturbed a sensor near where you were working.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
56 minutes ago, k31th said:

something in the cooling system isn't liking being used in the extra cooling flow or the extra parasitic drain of the water pump on the system may be causing something else attached to the pulley systems to be running slightly out of spec...

That kinda reminds me of this. Haha I'm only stirring mate but still, I have to wonder :stirthepot: