1400hp vs 700hp axles

Tom Tucker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 26d
44 minutes ago, SuperTrev said:

$6k seems way too expensive! A quick look online and I see them for $240 per side. Are we talking about the same thing? The bottom picture of MRFG09 just above is what I'm after. The half shaft from cv joint to cv joint, not including the hub.

Man if they were $240 a side, everyone would have them.

$6k estimation is installed. As stated, the 1400hp units need new hubs to be pressed into the knuckles. Not difficult, but not something your average mechanic can do.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 26d
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Mate if your mechanic can't press something into something else, farken run!

Agreed. I ended up doing the whole job myself because I called a few places in SEQLD, and nobody wanted to do it, including Pedders and Fulcrum. All these suspension and driveline pretenders want to do these days is bolt on 4x4 gear that they retail. I outsourced a press

• Member For: 5y 6m 23d
48 minutes ago, SuperTrev said:

They might be fine for an OEM replacement at stock power levels. But I wouldn't dare to guess what they'll be like with more power going through them.

• Member For: 4y 1m 14d

Just thought I'd throw them in there.  😁    I do agree that for the price of the 700hp rated ones, you may as well upgrade to the 1400hp ones. They are almost the same price. It wouldn't be too hard to find somebody with a press. I'll start saving now  👍$$$