Boost pressure sensor wiring

ERICtheBERIC

• Member For: 9y 7m 20d

Gday guys,

Ive got a BA xr6t and im running a nizpro cooler kit on it which comes with an aluminium intake pipe adapter with a provision for the boost pressure sensor. Problem is, with the stock setup this sensor is on the metal pipe next to the battery, where as with this setup its now on the passenger side so the wiring will obviously not reach. I was wondering if id be able to cut the plug wiring and solder on a length of wire to extend it to the other side, or will this cause a change of impedance and cause it to not work properly? Thanks for the help as usual

• Member For: 9y 7m 20d

Thanks mate.

Just to piggyback off this topic, im chasing a vacuum tree for my FG turbo plenum and for the life of me cant find anything online. Its just got the 2 10mm fittings at the rear and I need to split one of them into 3 5-3mm fittings for BOV, gauge and FPR, all I can find are screw in fittings for BA/BF, not having much luck

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

when you bought the plenum (iirc that you got a FG plenum for your B-series) you should have got the vacuum tree with it... if you didn't a place like enzed can sort you out with a few bits and pieces that'll do the same job.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

I don't fully understand so unsure if plumbing (brass) reducer/barb fittings will work and copper pipe is always handy as it's easily flared etc. T piece plastic hose branches etc also.