Diff backlash with Truetrac

Romulus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 12d

I had the right shaft replaced as the outer boot was leaking but the new shaft slops around in the diff like a wooden spoon in a bowl of porridge. I'll source a set of low k used territory shafts and fit them. I read to use a straight 140w mineral oil. Any oil used should be a mineral based on and rated at least 80-90w/140 with no friction modifiers. At some point the truetrac will have to come out and get binned (or sell on fleabay) and replaced with a new unit. But that's a $2.5k job that can wait for a later date.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 12d

Done my dash with this piece of garbage. It appears Eaton don't want to know about it so I'm about to make it Motospec's problem as they're the supplier. I'll be demanding a full refund as the unit is not fit for purpose under consumer law. I'm happy to lawyer up if necessary and make them pay for my costs.

Looks like I'll be fitting a stock Dana LSD as the KAAZ isn't exactly trouble and maintenance free motoring. The KAAZ requires specific run-in procedure and very regular oil changes using their specific oil. Their LSD is probably reserved for motorsport and competition use only.