Coolant T Piece Broke

Mixalis

• Member For: 10y 10m 9d

Hi all,

Fortunately I think I have found my coolant leaking issue, unfortunately it broke on a Sunday Arvo. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a replacement bit that’s a bit stronger than the Ford item? I’ll try attach pic below, it’s the 3-way piece just before the top heater hose goes into the top port on the firewall.

So far I have found 3/4”x3/8”x3/4” online but thought I’d ask the pros before ordering/locating

c91fb7097c9294d3cae0fc27e22aebb2.jpg

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I’ve used this and other variations of this beforehand yes as the factory replacement plastic piece comes as a full unit assembly with the 3 attached hoses and at a considerable amount more 

• Member For: 10y 10m 9d

I needed the piece quickly and couldn’t wait to the end of the week, so ended up doing it a different way, I’ll post it here in case anyone else needs the info.

Went to Pirtek and got a 3 way 3/4” brass T fitting, and a 3/8” brass BSP screw in fitting. Cut the middle 3/4” barb off. Shaved down the thread on the screw in fitting until it sat nicely where the barb once was on the T fitting. Used silicone bronze 2.4mm filler and the TIG torch and brazed it on. Tested it out on the MightyVac and got no leaks all the way passed 30psi. Not that it really makes a difference, but was done for just over $30. Taped it up so you couldn’t tell it was brazed.

Alternatively if you have the correct BSP tap on hand you could probably tap a thread into the barb

Alternatively if you have the time to wait, probably just get the $50 piece above

Michael