valve springs how many hours to do ?

canedkydd

• Member For: 2y 11m 6d

Have you done anything to the btr? 13's is still good mate and missing also lol update us on the miss when you sort it.

I just got quoted $750 for the valve springs to be installed and $150 for injectors to be installed and dyno tune $900 but I'm in NSW 

• Member For: 3y 10m 11d

trans was rebuilt a couple of years ago but other than that it is stock. yeah 13's are good and 13.2 I should be happy with considering only real mod is injectors but definitely potential there to run high 12's which for  under 5k including the purchase price for the car is pretty dam good.  $ 750 to install springs sounds about right as it took me a whole day to do myself. while apart I replaced everything. timing chain, tensioners etc for assurance but this will depend on how many k's yours has done.

miss was sorted by closing the gap on the sparkplugs but real test will be on the dragstrip which unfortunately wont reopen till October.  let us know how you get on after the tune etc

Edited by canedkydd

• Member For: 3y 9m 22d
12 hours ago, 1XR2NV said:

Have you done anything to the btr? 13's is still good mate and missing also lol update us on the miss when you sort it.

I just got quoted $750 for the valve springs to be installed and $150 for injectors to be installed and dyno tune $900 but I'm in NSW 

Wow 750 to do valve springs, glad I did my own😅

I got quoted more that's why I did mine. Not as easy as people make out so your average guy would be nervous doing it. $1200 for my tune wish I could do that myself 😪

I had a feeling it would of been your spark plugs. I just bought a set of plugs already gapped to 0.70 I think its the ford LPG plugs.

Wow you got a bargain mate I paid 8k just for my ba xr6 turbo all stock with leathers, sunroof and tow bar and in phantom purple I was searching everywhere for one with all the specs above and in that color.. So I drove 16h there and back to go get it, This is a build for my kids they both have autism and have sensory issue's they love the feeling of a turbo kicking in so it's more of a project/any excuse to work on it in the garage and take the kids on a track or power cruise and weekend cruise and my goal is 10s because my vw gti does high 12s low 13s but it's my daily work car and I wanted a 4 door sedan rwd so I bought the xr6 turbo for a project and won't be selling it so I'll be going all out on it over time I've been hoarding heaps of parts for it over the past 5months and haven't even driven it in 5months since I got it.. I've just been flat out with work but I'm taking a break soon and getting stuff done to it hopefully.
I wish I could do my own valve springs but if anyones local and can do it for a cash job cheaper I'll be happy to pay less hahahah 

6 minutes ago, 1XR2NV said:

I had a feeling it would of been your spark plugs. I just bought a set of plugs already gapped to 0.70 I think its the ford LPG plugs.

Wow you got a bargain mate I paid 8k just for my ba xr6 turbo all stock with leathers, sunroof and tow bar and in phantom purple I was searching everywhere for one with all the specs above and in that color.. So I drove 16h there and back to go get it, This is a build for my kids they both have autism and have sensory issue's they love the feeling of a turbo kicking in so it's more of a project/any excuse to work on it in the garage and take the kids on a track or power cruise and weekend cruise and my goal is 10s because my vw gti does high 12s low 13s but it's my daily work car and I wanted a 4 door sedan rwd so I bought the xr6 turbo for a project and won't be selling it so I'll be going all out on it over time I've been hoarding heaps of parts for it over the past 5months and haven't even driven it in 5months since I got it.. I've just been flat out with work but I'm taking a break soon and getting stuff done to it hopefully.
I wish I could do my own valve springs but if anyones local and can do it for a cash job cheaper I'll be happy to pay less hahahah 

no not really a bargain mate. car has done 300k although for most of its life was owned by a tune shop and was used by the owners wife as her daily so well looked after and serviced regularly. I replaced diff bushes and pretty much every bush as well as done a couple of balljoints but she now rides like a new car. I paid 2k for it from a young guy who I helped out getting his chev powered ute up and running. Mine is also Phantom but no leather and also doing it for my kids to race as I have a Camaro that does low 12's. I also had a special needs daughter who passed away when she was 5 so I totally understand where you are coming from.  

Sorry to hear about your loss mate and if you don't mind me asking how did she pass away? 
Still a great deal mate and high km don't worry me I've owned heaps of high km car in the past and most of the time they were more reliable than my low km car's.Nice so do you daily the xr6t or you only track it? What Camaro do you own?