valve springs how many hours to do ?

canedkydd

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 3y 11m 18d

I'm from Kapiti, my mate purchased a BA tuned at TMS, it's around 320rwkw and goes pretty good.

I've not had any work done at Prestige but they seem like a pretty switched on outfit, @canedkyddseems to rate them.

I had mine tuned in Fielding by Keith Stewart, got 407rwkw and then settled on 381rwkw tune to help the driveline live a little longer.

We haven't got the same luxury over here as Straya has with several really good Barra tuners.

• Member For: 3y 10m 11d

be interesting to see what you think of them. I am pretty happy with Prestige. stock other than 1000cc injectors I got 300rwkw. had an issue after tune on the dragstrip of a miss under load called Chris and he said get in in asap and he will sort it. tested again on dyno first and all was good and in fact on the street giving it a beating it performed awesome. Chris then took it to a (closed road) for testing and then was able to notice the miss. you cant replicate that on the dyno. closed the gap on the plugs slightly  problem sorted. These guys take pride in every tune they do and will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy.   

Falcon boost (002).jpg

Falcon kw (002).jpg

• Member For: 3y 10m 11d

unfortunately only got one run after tune but due to miss that it was getting I didnt take it back out ran 13.2 @ 109mph missing all the way down the qtr. have tested since taking back to tuner and is really going well but track dont open for months. will post times when it reopens  

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

is that including springs? if so, that's alright, if not, the cost is too high and you should go with a mechanic that has a lower hourly rate to do the labour intensive work that is valve springs.