valve springs how many hours to do ?

canedkydd

• Member For: 3y 10m 11d

Mace hire the tool out for $50 if you buy springs from them and do a decent price on Crow springs as for air into the cylinder not a problem there as I have a compressor and can use a leak down tester. I have ordered springs from Mace.  they charge $300 deposit on the tool and refund once you return it. Will post how I got on and how long it took me to do it.  Pulling all the necessary parts off now ready to do the job when the springs arrive.

• 1 month later...

finally got the time and have done valve springs. not to hard to do just time consuming. fitting Walbro pump in the weekend and 1000cc injectors then the old dog goes in for a tune on Thursday. any predictions what KW they will get out of her. above mods plus cat and middle muffler delete and cai. also slightly bigger cooler.  numbers mean nothing to me. only qtr mile times but interesting non the less to see what it will put out

bone stock other than cat delete, will be back on the strip on the 20th will post my times 

2021 mmp.jpg

• Member For: 5y 6m 24d

I doubt you'll do a 12.4 so don't worry about beating the Camaro :)

I'd be surprised if you don't get faster than a 12.9.
I ran a 12.9 on my bone stock (and with larger rims so worse for acceleration) FGX XR6T auto. From my understanding they only make around 220-230rwkw stock.

I think you might be lucky to see 12.6 if you get a good launch.

Let's see what the dyno comes back with first!

• Like 1

yeah will be interesting. doing this car for my son to take over and doing on a very small budget   only paid $2000 for the car and have done all the work myself. only outside work will be the tune. all up I easily be under $5000 so to run a 12.9 for under $5000 I will be very happy cost me 10 times that to get the Camaro to do 12.4

• Shocked 1