Any year model to stay away from?

Rive_mk2

• Member For: 5y 5m 27d

I’m looking at getting a G6E Turbo.. they’re reasonably priced for the 09-11 models.. I’m just wondering what year if there is any to stay always from.. 09 model and a few years up is relatively close to the B series and are there and trouble shooting issues coming into the F series? If that makes sense lol I don’t want anything crazy but I think a G6 with and exhaust injectors and a tune would be a great daily.. 260-280rwks is all I’m really looking for.. a G6 should be rather reliable running that sort of power I’d imagine? I had an 07 BF xr6 turbo and that thing was a nightmare.. though I loved it I sold it.. anyone had a G6 or got one? What’s your experience like so far? Thanks.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

all G6ET's are fairly similar... only the FG2 is restricted a little more due to emissions restrictions...

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

they're basically a falcon with some extra trimmings, but that said, you'll probably find the setup better than a B-series.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

they're quite fine even on a single pegger and you don't even need to upgrade it unless you want to go to the track to get maximum traction on semi-slicks.

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 5m 27d

Yeah nice.. I haven’t really looked at the G6 and was quite surprised how fair priced they are.. seen one the other day 2011 model with 111,000ks and he wanted $23,500.. xr6 turbo would have been up around 30.. the trim and interior looks nice I think aswell... thanks everyone for their replies.