Front exhaust support on BF F6..

RegSpec

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m

Guys Im running a BF F6 with 4" dump, 6" cat and dual 2.5 exhaust...
The H brace that supports the Turbo is buggered and I want to do away with it because its a bitch to get on and off.

So I'd like to know if anybody has come up with a better way to support the weight of the front half of the exhaust system?

The manifold, turbo and dump adds up to a lot of weight hanging by the manifold studs... 

I can make a bracket that will hold the system at the back of the cat but thought I'd run it by you guys in case somebody has come up with a better idea?

Thanks guys....

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Since you already have manifold studs, replace the washers that go on them for nordloc washers and do the same with the exhaust-manifold-to-turbocharger with nordloc too and then they'll stay tight and won't have an issue holding up the weight without the H-brace. I've taken off the H-brace before without bothering to replace the manifold-to-head bolts with studs at all and just done the manifold-to-turbocharger studs/nuts and added nordloc without any issues with sagging etc.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I put the factory stuff back and just deal with the pita that it is. It's a pain but that's just part of life hey.

I'd expect a workshop to do it properly so yerp :idunno:

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 17y 3m

Hi k31th...
I thought I'd get away with it but since the H brace has gone I've started cracking the dump pipe around the flange where it bolts to the turbo...

I've migged it up with some bracing around the top flange but I reckon it'll break again with the amount of weight hanging off it...🤔

• 1 month later...