The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 2y 8m 7d
16 hours ago, sixman said:

Nice looking cars!

Why would they have put ba rods in an fg2?

Pretty much what puff said. Our running theory is that someone cooked the motor of the car, did a home job to fix it with wrecker parts. Basically, slap it back together so that it runs as you'd expect then sell it to a dealer. How is the dealer to know the rods were replaced kinda thing.

So yea, brother took real good care of the car, and once he started doing fifo he saved up for Monsta Torques stage 2 package with a few extra bits and bobs, namely an f6 turbo (gt3582) and screamer.

Seeing as no one knew of the motors issue, Rob tuned it like he would any FG turbo (they came with stronger rods compared to BA). Car lasted about 3 weeks before he bent a rod.

Bit of sticky situation, like is it the dealers fault? How can you blame them for the car when its not something they check. We pondered going to dealer with this but it would have ended with more drama than it was worth.

But anyway, to lighten the mood. Done 780km of the 1500km rob has requested. I've taken possession of the car for the week to do more run-in stuff, A bit difficult to do what he is requesting in traffic for my brother when he drives to work. I can annoy the local industrial area with the screamer without any worry 🤣

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 2y 8m 7d

ffs I told myself I'd be good during the black friday sales.....

Had head studs in the cart too.... But I should probably wait till I get a pay rise before I go spending any more money 🤣

xvxi2Ni.png