The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

I really like the idea of these kits! Still blows my mind that its mixed with water and squirted (giggity) into the engine 😂

Don't think its something I'd do with a factory ecu. Sounds like something I'd love to have controlled by an ecu. Unless the PCMtec can do it, then I'll shut up hahah

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Cheers Puff :) 

Just doing some quick reading on it, seems as though the basic kit is simply boost trigger switched. 

I.e. Hobbs switched relay to trigger pump, which squirts the stuff into the engine. Amount controlled by nozzle size. 

This is tickling my electronics brain.... Developing a controller for this would be fun!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Yeah that's basically it, with a knob to adjust when it kicks in eg: 0psi, 2psi etc and a knob to adjust the maximum boost ie: max pump speed.

I'll post a fully sick picture for you in a bit.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Its odd that it appears to be mostly analogue... The gauge must have more of the smarts in it and this is just an interface board. Doesn't seem to be any smarts on that thing whatsoever

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Got a date set, team at Monsta Torque defs very busy! Car will be going in on the 10th of Next month (10th Oct). Gives me some time to prepare myself for the silly amounts of money that's about to be thrown at it. Cars a great :)

All seriousness though, the main expense is the ims diff hat. My diff housing thing for the main rear bush is fatigued and cracking, so while the cradle is removed it'd need to be repaired. Why repair when you can upgrade right. Interested to see if I notice a change in handling - hoping so hahaha.

Assuming the work will take a couple days, should have some results and figures to show by that Friday, 14th Oct.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

Might have missed it, but are you changing the rear diff at the sametime? When I did mine years ago I chucked a wavetrac in, made a big difference with straight line traction, less spinning around unexpectedly.