The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Well. After many months of regular posting and asking tonnes of questions on the forum. Its finally driving under its own power! 

To say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm so proud to be able to say I did this all myself in my garage. Lotta hard work and lots of learning, but so rewarding!! 

Everything is all back together after waiting so long for my order from sparesbox. part of that order was the new drive belt and coolant overflow tank, once I had them I could finally assemble the car to the point that it could be taken off the bricks and driven.

Here's the last photos I took of the car on bricks and stands.

cZsftmw.jpg7k6Octo.jpg

First start so such a good feeling! Just listen to that power steering pump go hard 👌🤣

Here it is, paired once again with @SACKED FG. And also, a sneaky drive to the petrol station just up the road to fill up the very flat tyres.

Just got the wastegate boost control plumbing and fit a new 4" silicone elbow I've ordered from plazmaman. Hoping the rest of the stuff arrives next week some time!

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it's so tempting to rev a car after you've upgraded it... but you probably shouldn't until it's tuned for the turbo haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

It'll be ok to rev and drive around. The only thing to worry about is how much boost it'll make with the new setup. Keep it under 5 to 10psi until the dyno and it'll be fine.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

@k31thI'm too young and immature to give a sh*t about revving it not tuned hahahaha 

It was warm that was all I cared about lol 

@Puffwagonyup that's the plan. Not gonna be driving it around till it's tuned anyway. If I do it would be to work which I can legit see from my house 😂

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

So my AN fittings from sparesbox FINALLY arrived this week and so got stuck right in to assembling AN lines for the first time. Gotta say it was so much easier than I thought! 

Got myself 1 meter of Raceworks 200 series hose, the stainless braided ptfe stuff, to use for the boost line to the wg. Main reason being that it has a high temp rating which is perfect for the area.

The only gripe I have with my setup is the multiple fitting combo I conjured up to go from a barb to AN.... Didn't even think to look if a solution existed, which of course it does. Will purchase this fitting to change out the mess I have currently, though the current setup will technically work just fine.

trFLehM.jpg61hMVWWuz4L._AC_SX522_.jpg

Other than that, it went together quite well!! Braided line is covered in a plastic sheath thing and is run under the coolant overflow tank to make it a little more subtle. The sheath is there just to stop the braid rubbing though anything it shouldn't.

So that's it really. As far as I'm concerned, all the stuff I can do myself is done! Now I just need to patiently wait for some more funds to send it over to MT for the final touches. Being the retune, springs install, and head studs. Anyway, here are some pretty pictures of the line I made :) 

UAsMXoY.jpg nOTZ2DR.jpg 3ZKH3jP.jpg

r6qdgCY.jpg

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Got myself a fitting to replace the crappy multi-fitting abomination I had previously, Radium 6AN to 1/4" barb. Should do the trick. The factory vac line appears to be a metric size around the 6mm mark. So a 1/4" barb works good enough, just tighten the hose clamp more 😋

s-l500.jpg

Also, hopefully, getting somewhere with my multi-month warranty claim (since Nov last year) for the blown turbo. Taken far too long and I'm just about ready to take it higher, their communication for this claim has been utterly terrible, and "its because of covid" is becoming a bit of a cop-out reason

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Ordered the fitting from car mods australia on Ebay. Heard that they're really hit and miss, but was definitely a hit for me cause the fitting arrived yesterday! Turns out it was free express shipping, bargain!

• 1 month later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Yea its still around. Just chilling waiting for an 8 month plus warranty claim to come through :) 

Highly considering a new cat back exhaust and wb gauge are next on the table of DIY stuff.

Also needs a wash but whats the point if I don't really drive it 😂

nopv8C6.jpg

• Like 1