The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 18d

pfft definitely not hahaha, all up still cost nearly a grand rip

Its work that would have happened anyway so there isn't much point in me complaining about it. This car is money pit though and my partner is farrrrrr from impressed about that 😅 

Tune is free, I think? @JETURBO? 🤣

Not sure what Rob has to do with the tune, said something something ghost cams in multi tune. Its motorvation this weekend and he's got a lot of clients coming in to prep for that. Of course they have disgustingly bad planning habits so last minute book in is the best minute for them. Will never understand why people decide to call their tuner up the week of a big event to book the car in. Especially a shop like MT when they are nearly always busy. Anyway, this part should probably continue in TWPYOFT 🤣

Driving the car this morning to work, steering is 100% better and I'm happy with it. Feels way smoother on the road but that is likely more to do with the proper alignment than the steering. Parking at work is when I noticed the difference the power steering. No where near as hard as it was before

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Took the car out last night for a fancy ride to dinner, goes through Graham Farmer tunnel, boost it, pop. Lost a hose clamp on the throttle elbow. Car was NA for the rest of the night 🤣

Had to limp it from the tunnel to the parking, only to find a missing hose clamp and a popped pipe. Nice

hHYoydR.jpg

Drove to work this morning using a zip tie, went to repco across the road and picked up 2 new clamps. The old ones seems very cheap, thin, and crap compared to the ones I've just bought. Which is saying something cause they were $3 each 🤣

asVb5J6.jpg aV6Rpg4.jpg

Must have been failing for a while, had been boosting around 16-18psi. Changed these and now hitting 18min... Might need to keep an eye on this cause if it was leaking when I got the tune, I'll be running more boost now which is not ideal 🤣

Also been getting frustrated with my car getting a daily wash by council retic, ordered a car cover. Got 10% off the final price, $265 better fkn be good

S1Z65Vg.png

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Car covers are cheap, decent car covers that don't f*ck your paint are not though. These ones are not supposed to scratch your car. They have multiple layers and have a felt inner layer. Similar ones at SCA are ~$150-160 and had some really average reviews, figure if I spend $100 extra that I'll get a better cover 🤷‍♂️
https://www.australiacarcovers.com/car-covers/2010/ford/falcon/sedan

Will see how it goes :)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

yeah, makes sense bro. I'm sure there's a "scale" of some sort with regard to "paying more" versus what you actually get out of a car cover :)

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Its also pay day today so I may feel more rich than I actually am lol

All seriousness though, this company has been making car covers for a long time and they have a good reputation. Aussie made, for aussie conditions. After having a garage its been so depressing seeing my car get absolutely farking smashed by bore water every fkn morning 🤣😭

Will stop dew building up on it in the mornings too which is now. All in all, a protected car that will be kept clean :) 

that's what I keep telling myself anyway

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 2y 17d
12 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Car covers are cheap, decent car covers that don't f*ck your paint are not though. These ones are not supposed to scratch your car. They have multiple layers and have a felt inner layer. Similar ones at SCA are ~$150-160 and had some really average reviews, figure if I spend $100 extra that I'll get a better cover 🤷‍♂️
https://www.australiacarcovers.com/car-covers/2010/ford/falcon/sedan

Will see how it goes :)

I'll put my hand up to say I bought one of those Super Cheap covers. Was in a bit of a rush to get back home to the farm, bought the most expensive one (cuz better...right?). Only to later realise it was for indoor use only, wasn't allowed to get wet, wasn't able to be washed. Basically wasnt able to be covered in all the sh*t I wanted it to protect the car from. Total Balls up, but at least the dog has something soft to sleep on 🙄

• Haha 1

• Member For: 17y 2m 24d

I'll watch with keen interest @biddie_fiddler

I've just bought a house a few months back and there isn't a lot of under cover parking here until I build my shed and carport.  That's a little while off, though.

I work FIFO, so my cars sit around for weeks at a time.  I get the misso to take them to work once or twice while I'm away, but they've been really copping it in this Adelaide summer.

If you rate this car cover I might look at getting one or two.  Literally the only good thing about my old rental was the huge carport.