The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

if you can switch on/off ghost cam tune in a matter of seconds via a cruise control button long-press or something like that, then why the hell not do it as something to "show off" with? :P

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 22d

Yea it will be! I should now have multi tunes which is nice, I have amazing supporters on this forum 😏😏

Will need to (obviously, sh*t ain't free) pay to add some more, but future things! Wedding first. Gotta keep telling myself that

I wonder if he'll do a golf tune for me with mad flames. I wanna be the ambassador for rice bubbles.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

haha those crackle-pop tunes are so annoying, especially when you're just cruising next to them with the window down and BANG amongst the flames or more often than not no flames, just the annoying bangs... you don't need to have a backfire and/or explosion in your exhaust to get flames - just go with no cat and run slightly rich on over-run :)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

the crackling itself is OK, just barely acceptable, but the backfires/louder bangs etc that come with it can really get in the bin.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

I can't stand it when its way OTT. 

I just want someone to hear it, go "ffs not another golf" and see a boat roll past making horrendous noises from its zorst.

I'm the boat

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

If you get it just right you can have a deep rumbling when you lift. Not enough for any distinct popping but still gives some noise and vibration.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

So the steering definitely feels better now! And doesn't have an annoying PS pump whine.

Car went in for an alignment too, turns out it was wayyyyy out, and the front tyres were at 28psi..... Probably didn't help the crappy steering feel. Hasn't had an alignment for a long time so it was probably due for one 🤣

Still, not as nice as my brothers FG, so could maybe be the rack that is going bad? I'll maybe get round to seeing if that's bad one day, but I'm happy with it for now.

Tune is gonna happen another time, he'd run out of time before I needed to get it (can't pick it up tomorrow unfortunately).
The important sh*t is done so that's all that matters really, I'll organise a day to get it in for a multi tune setup eventually, will give him a ring tomorrow and see :)