The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 21d

Hahaha cheers for the sound advice puff 😂 

I took a break from it, went back and took my time making sure it was all straight. Got the nut onto the clamp and slowly started tightening. Went on great! I think I was just rushing and also frustrated. 

Anyway, cars all back together now, bar the hot side plumbing. Heat cycled and gonna re- tighten tomorrow! 

Car will be ready for roll racing on the 18th when I'm back. Mrs is tagging along this time 😈

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Howdy everyone, small update and questions to pick the forums brains.

Didn't end up going roll racing on the 18th, I wanted to save a bit of money after our trip. The event ended up being postponed to the 2nd Dec anyway due to bad weather. So if money permits I might give it a go then :)

Can comfortably say that the car is an animal, it runs and feels mint!!! Really keen to get this multi-tune sorted out, but being the end of the year Monsta Torque is pretty under the pump. Will nudge them next year to get it in for some retunes (thanks again @JETURBO you're an absolute legend!). The new nankang ar-1's are mint! I've never driven a car with so much grip before! It feels so different to my brothers 450+kw rig, it hooks wayyyy more which is crazy. I have less power but I'm getting like 99% of it down which is mint. Can still foot brake and get em loose if you really want to, helps warm em up anyway. They leave darrrkkk black lines on the road too hahahah

Since I had to helicoil more manifold holes right before the trip though, I have a noticed I'm getting more blow-by from the breathers. Pretty sure I got a bit of coolant (tiny puddle) in the turbo oil drain hole, I wiped it off before reinstalling it all. Curious how much blow-by is normal on these rigs? Not really something I've noticed before. I know I've had it in the past after it gets real warm from street pulls. Might be worth taking a video of it to show you all, but its really hard to catch on vid. Wondering at what point does it become concerning?

edit

found this vid from hpa that's quite helpful :) 

Edited by biddie_fiddler
  • Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

When it's coming out at idle looking like a stream of water from a hose, that's too much. Stock engines should see stuff all blow by at idle but you will definitely see it at WOT, if you have a way of looking at it. If it's coming out pulsing rather than steady, you've hurt a piston. If you feel like it, keep an eye on it so you can compare it, perhaps take a quick video of it every month so you can accurately recall the details.

Don't worry about the bit of water in the turbo, it will pass through like nothing every happened.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

@Tom TuckerI'm very impressed with them so far!! I'm running them full-time on the rears though. So can't really take the car out when its raining. Not that they don't work in the wet, but they're defs not designed for wet weather driving!

I got 2 tyres from a place in Perth called Trident Motorsports, a Nankang supplier. He had ordered excess stock and so had a clearance sale on two sizes. I paid $215 each, for 265/35/R19s. Got them fitted on my factory 19x8 rims :) 

I had been very keen to get a set of ar-1's but for a 17" wheel in the future, but I couldn't pass up that deal!! $5 cheaper than my Falken Fk510's I ran previously!

They are most certainly not going to last long though, they're very soft. I'm scared I'm gonna want to buy another set at full price once these ones are done 🤣

@Puffwagon yea its defs not that bad hahaha

23 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

Don't worry about the bit of water in the turbo, it will pass through like nothing every happened.

I meant on the sump 😅

It comes out as a very slow, constant stream, and its at idle but not when I start the car, only when I've come back home after a hectic cruise on the streets. I'll take your advice and take some videos :)

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

So you just got a drop into the sump? Eh it'll just keep it well hydrated. I only suggested the video thing so you can track the progress, it's not something most people would do, but then again most people don't track their engines lifespan and health meticulously. If you've got the time and inclination then it will keep a definite log of your engines blow-by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but might do if this is a bigger issue!

Noticed I had a big oil patch under my car yesterday, thought it was oil from the engine mount, but after noticing the power steering pump res had lost a lot of oil! 😭

Used a lot of degreaser and cleaned it all up real nice, cut the overflow line shorter and used a new hose clamp cause I thought it might be leaking from there. Also noticed the pressure switch sensor thing had some oil in it too. Cleaned all that. 

Anyway loooong story short it's still leaking badly, and oil has returned in the switch sensor again. Is this a thing? Like do these switches fail and leak through the plug? I can't really see where else it's leaking from. Doesn't appear to be coming from the pump itself. 

Tfz6ryn.jpg

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

Ha yeh the sensors do leak mate, found out that way back in 2010 on my FG F6 310

wind her out, buzz in a new one for $40 or bang a bolt in it instead as they only send the ECU a signal to bump idle speed by 50rpm when activated so basically not a thing that’s important so ditch it ;)

• Like 1