The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Yea I 100% agree with you!

Got the exhaust order in the process atm, easier to fork out the 1k now rather than 2k 🤣

I can have that sent to me while I await more updates from the warranty company. After that, I can get a more clear understanding of what I can get from them, how much the rest of the work at MT will cost, and from there I can better assess if its worth me dumping money into the fuel system.

Problem I have is that if I go with the kpm fuel system, I'll really want to make the jump to e85. Never would have in the past because it was my daily, but it isn't any more... That jump won't sting as bad now seeing as the car already needs a retune

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Eh I'm not here to prove anyone wrong, just giving my 2c. Exhaust first or fuel system first, you're getting back on the road along with a healthy power increase.

Nothing wrong with running E85, you can get a flex fuel tune through PCMTec and run both fuels. It cost an arm and a leg even when you install and tune it yourself, but it is an option. Another option is to have a multi tune through PCMTec which will allow you to have 4 tunes of a single fuel type/not flex, eg: 2x 98 tunes and 2x E85 tunes. Still expensive but much cheaper than installing a flex kit.

You might be happy enough when it's turned up on 98 anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Buying the Turbosmart Kompact FPR, I want to get some e85 safe hose to run from the factory fuel hard lines up to the FPR. Is anyone able to tell me what size hose I need to get? 
Would be much appreciated :) 

For reference, I'm biting the bullet. My car has absolutely zero fuel in it so I'm upgrading the pump, adding fpr, and yeeting myself into the e85 club.

I'm here for a good time not a long time

#400kwapproaching

My 4" exhaust arrived too :) 

And a new set of front brake rotors and pads.

I regret nothing

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Don't bother swapping the hose, the stock stuff lasts for years with E85. Of course someone will tell you different so do whatever the FARK you wanna do!