The Daily's Quest for 310KW!

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Here's the obligatory thread to follow my dream daily's quest for 310rwkw! I want a place to add photo's, ask questions specific to my rig (without spamming other threads) and update anyone that may be interested!

I'll treat this as like a sort of "build breakdown" even though its no where near as tricked out as a lot of the other builds on the forum

I bought the car just over a year and half ago and basically immediately started saving and buying parts for the rig.

Here's a before and after shot of the car from the first time I took it out for some shots till the latest. 

I got the car on a loan for 95 per week with an interest rate of 6.75%. For my first ever loan I was pretty impressed with the low rates. The car was on the market for 17k with 102,000km on the clock, but after all the warranties and car dealership sh*t it totalled to 24k (interest included over 5 years).

First ever photo I took of the daily

DgAD7OZ.jpg

Latest photo taken of the daily! 🤤

(Yes its blurred, but its the only one that is landscape xD)

6zvxdve.jpg

The car is booked in with Monsta Torque in Perth on the 18th of January for Rob's stage 1 package on top of the work that's already been done.

The stage 1 package will include 1000cc injectors and will be tuned using PCMTEC.

My power goal for this setup is 310rwkw which I'm hoping is achievable on the stock turbo.

Engine Mod List

• Billet oil pump gears
  • Plazmaman 1000hp intercooler
  • Intune Motorsports piping kit
  • Intune Motorsports oil feed
  • Intune Motorsports throttle elbow
  • Antz Performance Intake and battert relo kit
  • Ultrex 4" dump and high flow cat (middle muffler has been removed too)
  • Walbro 255 intank fuel pump
  • 1000cc injectors

Trans Mod List

• Trans oil flushed at 115,000km
  • External cooler with fan
  • Hopes of prayers that she doesn't go boom

Suspension and handling

• Superpro hybrid diff bushes
  • Superpro rear control blades
  • Superpro front upper control arms
  • Superpro Camber adjustment kit
  • BC Racing coilovers
  • Falken FK510's all round (however currently has the cheapest rubber I could get on the rear)
  • 100% fully legal wheel spacers

Audio stuff & interior

• All interior lights changed for LEDs
  • Kayhan audio ICC
  • Alpine Type R mono amp
  • Alpine Type R 4 channel amp
  • Alpine Type R front splits
  • Alpine Type S rear coax
  • JL Audio dual sub setup
  • Sound deadened all doors and boot

I'm interested to see what you all think it'll make with the mod list mentioned above 😊

Keep an eye out for the new year when I'll be posting the dyno sheets 😁😁

• Like 3

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

@Admin (as if) yea you're right. 300+kw was always my goal to reach for a daily. Although I've been told that even just a retune on these things completely changes the way it drives! 

Honestly I'm just really excited to have it tuned and feel the difference. First time I've ever done this much work to a car and will be my first ever "tuned" car. Cannot wait 😄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 23d

As exciting as all the mods are and were for me (325rwkw) sound deadening the cabin was an extra little thrill on top of it all. Improved my sound system and cut out alot of road noise. I hop in a non sound proofed falcon and think something is wrong with it haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Update on the daily!

Installed the Walbro 255 and what a mission it was! Glad I did though, lots learnt in the process! Taking the cradle apart was a bloody mission, wiring was easy at least as it came with fuel safe crimps unlike the non genuine pump I had originally purchased 🤣

I checked the exhaust manifold bolts and a lot of them were loose, gave them a good tightening, I can't easily get to the ones near the manifold outlet underneath the manifold, such a tricky area to get to 🙃

Conveniently the battery finally caved in, I've been getting low battery warnings through the obd scanner for over a year and I think the new pump finally pushed it over the edge. A mate of mine works at SCA so I scored a sweet deal on a battery, the Century 67EF MF. 

My budget for a battery is pretty tight being that the tune is so close and I want to save as much as I can before it xD

Next on the list is a service. Oil and filter, got a new fuel filter and spark plugs going in just to be on the safe side. Considered doing a coolant flush but it was done about a year ago so it should be alright - let me know otherwise if you think I should do that too though 😋

Following that, I just need to install the high flow cat and 4" dump the day before the tune and it'll be good to go! 

Finally, hope y'all have an awesome new year's and celebrate accordingly! See you in the new year! 💪💪

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Put the Century battery back on the shelf and buy any other brand battery in the world and fit it 

Trust me ! 

• Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
26 minutes ago, biddie_fiddler said:

spark plugs

Make sure they're done before the tune otherwise they'll start turning it up and it'll start misfiring. Same with coils if they're an unknown quantity.

• Like 1