FG XR6T DASH vs FGXR8 SUPERCHARGED DASH

• Member For: 3y 8m 1d

Hey guys, Has anybody used an XR8 FGX (SUPERCHARGED) dash cluster in replacement of the FG XR6T dash cluster? My thinking is that the oil pressure gauge should work ( or maybe at least, have to change the oil pressure switch for it to work ), though I would imagine the boost gauge ( would read boost differently between a supercharger vs turbo )and may be reading inaccurately and  need an adapter. Thoughts....?

lets face it, the fg turbo, needed a better dash cluster than just a standard cluster.............like a variant the fgx supercharged cluster was equipped with.

I'm used to replacing the XF GL dash to the XF fairmont ghia dash and only needed to swap the oil pressure switch to gain all the extra readings on that dash. 

• Member For: 3y 8m 1d

Agreed, and this is probably the way I will eventually go, but if we were to play devils advocate........has anybody ( or seen someone ) with the supercharged cluster in a FG2T?  

I don't want to start down the road for extra gauges, when this may well be a possibility.....and it would be nice and stealthy, without the extra gauges on the middle console.

Edited by Snowbear77

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 28d

FGX dash's are different to fg dash's. it has to do with some info from the HVAC being displayed on the display instead of the ICC. FG & FG2 clusters are not interchangable. what you want is a FPV cluster which has the boost guage (only reads to 1 bar ) and oil temp. The signals are available in the data stream so no aditional sensors are required. There is no difference between the 6 & 8cyl cluster, its in the programing. If you get a S/H cluster just try & match your km's as I don't think you can lower the reading (but I'm sure that dodgy car yards know how to do it)