Crankshaft end play

dutchy351

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

as close to zero as you can get it, realistically...

but the figures:

Standard end play 0.10 - 0.20 mm
Maximum end play 0.30 mm

• Member For: 10y 2m 24d

Thanks gents.

@Puffwagon I'm fairly certain I also just read a thread suggesting you had issues with stud height when using an aftermarket girdle? 

I'm currently running into an issue with an atomic girdle where I don't have enough thread purchase with an arp kit using the windage tray (misses by full purchase by 1 thread) if I remove the windage tray then in golden but I'm not too keen on removing it. Any idea on the fix for this?

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
17 minutes ago, dutchy351 said:

I'm fairly certain I also just read a thread suggesting you had issues with stud height when using an aftermarket girdle? 

With the windage tray, I drilled out the spot welds and ditched the two side pieces. I just used the tray without the supports.

I used a 10 mm girdle from hp junkie and had to machine the main caps down to suit the arp main studs. This cost me $400. At the same time this was done I also got the main tunnel line honed, as the main studs get done up tighter than the stock bolts and pull the tunnel out of round.

Edited by Puffwagon

• Member For: 10y 2m 24d

I have done the same, drilled out the spot welds and torqued down with the windage tray on top of the girdle but the studs are missing by a thread to the nut. I torqued it back down without the windage tray and the nut sat dead even with the stud. Clearances etc have already been checked and are good. I may look into machining the caps down or possibly not running the windage tray

• Like 1