Engine Oil/Pressure Light

Nathann38

• Member For: 3y 4m 9d

Hey everyone just noticed oni’m getting an engine oil/pressure light pop up for roughly 2 seconds only on startup, recently had an oil change engine oil level is good on the dipstick, is this common? Cheers! 

Edited by Nathann38

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

What oil filter did you put on it. The anti drain back valve in the oil filter might be busted it can cause that issue. Its the piece of rubber or silicone (red) you can see just inside the oil filter.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
4 hours ago, adams355 said:

The anti drain back valve in the oil filter might be busted it can cause that issue.

Is that a thing? My car does the same thing when it starts. It's due for an oil change anyway so I'll see if a new filter fixes it.

• Member For: 6y 10m 27d

Yea definitely, its happened to me with the barra engine twice now. First one was a aeroflow filter and a purolator after 10,000km recently. I'm into exotic oil filters haha I have a Bosch one on there now (made same place purolator) and have a Luber-finer to go on next they different design, e-core basically plastic cage in them instead of metal. I wont mention anything about bringing the boost in easier... Mine finally gets on the dyno again in a week or 2, so get a decent 4th gear run while I'm there :)