Matching numbers

Shake-xrturbo

• Member For: 3y 4m 9d

Similar Question, just bought a fg xr6t ute, was wondering what turbo it has on it as I bought it from a dealer but has mods/tune already, says m12 garret on it, does the stock fg turbo have that on it? what is the stock fg turbo? a gt3576? 
Cheers Sam

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

well, your question is completely different, but yes both the front-covers of stock turbochargers for BA-FG have M12 stamped on them (left 61mm turbo, right 53mm FG XR6T turbo):

0crJU2d.jpg

Further to your identification, the 61mm turbo has a 6+6 blade arrangement and the 53mm turbo has a 7 blade arrangement. Both are "cast" wheels so if it has billet steel machining markings on it, you know it's not a stock setup.

9 hours ago, Shake-xrturbo said:

Hey guys I was wondering how do I tell if the block and head in my BA XR6 Turbo are the original ones for my car that came from factory e.g numbers matching

You can tell if the engine block matches your VIN number, but the head isn't matched up with an identifier, as far as I know.

:Welcome2FordXR6t: for both of you.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yes, the FG F6 has the same turbo as the BA-BF and it is equivalent to a GT3582R and yes it has M12 stamped on the stock front-housing.