Car goes into limp mode hep

Brodie5111

• Member For: 3y 4m 15d

Hey guys my car keeps going into limp for some reason(D flashing when it happens) and wont rev over 3500 rev it only happen if I rev it up in one spot.But when I'm driving down the road it kinda reset it self for some reason.if I turn off the car and back on it comes normal or driving it down the road is the only ways what help any ideas why is causing this problem and tiptronic doent work as well

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Don't know why you'd want to be revving it that high when standing still... other than a :burnout: of course.

Sounds like there's a problem with a tune parameter for the rev range while in first gear.

If tip-tronic doesn't work that's a whole other problem... probably something to do with the sensor in the gear selector mechanism.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The trans defaults to 3rd gear when it's in limp home mode and wont let you shift gears either.

The first thing you need to do is get a scanner onto it and see what codes it has.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 2y 10m 25d

Hey mate I was the same car in Limp mode for like 6 months tryna figure out what it was until I look at the motor today and realised a couple of hose clamps were not tight so I replaced them with new ones and reset codes and car is fine drive it all day today and no Limp mode