GTX3582R install on FG MK2 xr6 Turbo

Snoochie Boochies

• Member For: 3y 5m 14d

Hi All,

Hoping  I could get some valuable feedback from the members on this forum, I am currently in the process of swapping over the standard turbo on my FG MK2 xr6 turbo to a GTX3582r and I have a question regarding vacuum lines.

On the standard GT3576R there 2 vacuum lines, one going to the internal wastegate actuator and the other goes to the front compressor housing. With the GTX3582r there isn't a fitting on the compressor housing like there is on the standard FG turbo.

The question that I have is what do I do with the extra vacuum line??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

You need to connect it to a boost source. 

You'll need to put a fitting into the comp housing or into the boost pipe coming from the turbo.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

I dunno if you could get a fitting to fit the speed sensor hole as it is a fine thread. Unscrew it and have a look.

I just drilled and tapped a hole into the comp housing, and with another setup I put a fitting into the intercooler pipe after the turbo.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d
3 hours ago, Snoochie Boochies said:

On the standard GT3576R there 2 vacuum lines, one going to the internal wastegate actuator and the other goes to the front compressor housing. With the GTX3582r there isn't a fitting on the compressor housing like there is on the standard FG turbo.

There's a nipple on the front of the stock turbo that goes to the boost control solenoid and then a separate line comes out of the solenoid and goes to wastegate nipple.

If the GTX3582R you have doesn't have a nipple to connect to you do what Puffwagon said and drill+tap a line and then run it the same as the stock turbo was.

• Like 2