2003 XR6T ute BTR 4speed

Adzxr6t

• Member For: 3y 5m 10d

Hi guys new here on this forum so I’ve just purchased a ba XR6T ute stock as a rock. It has a noisy output shaft, (sounds like a wheel baring failure) but it’s 100% the output shaft as it’s got in/out and side2side movement. Otherwise box works as it should no slipping or jolting. The Utes transmission part number is 3R23-700-CD My question to you all is ... I have a spare N/A btr transmission with the part number 3R23-7000-AC sitting in the shed. Can it be installed in the XR6T or will it not work/hold the power?

if this has been a topic befor I apologise in advance...🤪

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

The N/A BTR is vastly different to the Turbo / V8 BTR it’s capability to handling higher Torque ratings so the expected lifespan of a N/A BTR strapped behind a Turbo engine will be limited when driven beyond a medium pace ;)  

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 5m 10d

So update on my trans problem 🤷🏼‍♂️ The ba XR6T box completely kicked the bucket, so just to test the theory and to get my ute on the road while waiting to get a built box…I put the N/A BTR behind the turbo ute… so running completely stock as a rock and towing a lot it’s holding very well surprisingly. Yes if shown anything except stock power I don’t think it will handle it.

and on another note does anyone know how many blood orange XR6T were built? 

Edited by Adzxr6t

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 8m 27d

Heaps people put n/a box Inna turbo. Ofcourse if U pump heaps power or drive like you stole it even with a turbo box you will wear it out 

Turbo box has larger planatary gears and a stronger convertor housing otherwise everything internally and case wise is same same. (Unless been modified innpast) 

The output shafts do have  side to side play bit the tail shaft yolk keeps it straightm as for in and out play I don't recall it haveing any. I'd say it would have been the needle roller bearing which sits between planatary gear set and output shaft or the one that sits on other side of planatary gear set ..would have munched up causing the in and out play  (and plob planatary gear damage etc)