Antz/Plazmaman Turbo Side Intake Price Difference

• Member For: 3y 7m 25d

Hey guys

Been wanting to install a turbo side intake/battery relocation on my FG. Haven't yet decided between the Antz or Plazmaman kits. Can anybody tell me why the Plaz kit is worth $240 more than the Antz kit? Everything between the two looks the same. Will probably be getting the Antz kit unless there is a good reason to pay the extra $240.

https://antzperformance.com.au/product/fg-xr6-turbo-turbo-side-intake-and-passenger-battery-relocation-kit-full/

https://plazmaman.com/product/fg-battery-relocation-4-intake-combo/

Thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

neither are really worth the $ charged, to be fair... antz is just undercutting prices by a large margin to gain market share.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I've got the Antz kit and it is fine. Only thing I didn't like was the Antz brand filter. I opted to buy a K&N just because I trusted it more and I think you get K&N with the Plaz. If you did the same that reduces the cost difference a bit.

The Antz filter may be fine for all I know!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

but there was somebody who seemed to be a guinea pig when the antz was new out in the market and they came on here and had no end of troubles when it was installed.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Yeah that was weird that one but was hard to see how it related to the intake. That guy sure had a lot of pain trying to chase his issues.

It's just some piping and a filter so once it is fitted it is hard to see how one brand would work any differently to another.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 3y 11m 18d

I used the Antz kit also on my FG and it all went in nicely, even kept the filter which I haven't had a problem with...  yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 7m 5d

Not a direct response to the 'battery relocation kit from ANTZ', but it's close. I purchased an oil catch can from ANTZ on the 8th November from ebay. I noticed the tracking number was provided the day after and had been updating to the 24th. ( I've noticed mail delivery has taken upto 3 weeks to cross the country on some occasions ). On the 24th, the tracking number had been replaced with a new number and shown the item 'had been received' on that date. I sent an email asking WTF had happened to my item. My response was ' there was a 15 day handling time for my item and it had been just sent', hence the new tracking number, and no explanation was given to me about the previous tracking number. Seriously pissed, I inspected the whole listed auction and there was nothing written about a 15 day handling time. Then they stated that they can refund my order if I don't want the item sent. Wait ........WTF!!. They've provide 2 tracking numbers for the item and they say that. HAS MY ORDER BEEN SENT ANTZPERFORMANCE or not? So for my one and only encounter with ANTZPERFORMANCE , dont touch them with a 100 foot long dipstick.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

It’s not quite that simple ... Yes that might not be the best situation but Thomas @ ANTZ is a good bloke and solid operator 

Nothing wrong with Ebay and purchasing but in this Covid period every single supplier has been affected, some in their control, some outside. 

I regularly purchase direct from company's for Performance Barra parts and if you want anything from anyone these dats allow 6-8 weeks ( Just saying ) 

ANTZ has a phone number and easily contactable outside of Ebay, pick up the phone and check with suppliers if in doubt of a listing as listings are literally copy n paste one after the next on Ebay stores. Things like tracking details are auto generated... dispatch times are auto message sent. Yeh I agree some companies really should be on top of this but Ebay is just a medium to sell stuff on and far from perfect. 

In regards to the product it’s decent stuff for the Money @ ANTZ so if you’re that disgruntled by the saga that’s unfolded Give Thomas a ring and let him know as I bet he would have zero idea what you have had to go through as he will only see it as another Ebay delayed sale ;) 

I’ve had this from SparesBox a few times in the past months too, it’s not Just Ebay Thing or ANTZ thing 

Just sayn 

• Like 1