Diff bushes bolt

Tonyturbo2

• Member For: 3y 8m 8d

Hey everyone first Post on here. 
so today was driving home from work long story short heard a massive bang from the rear of the car I have an fg 2008 xr6 turbo and it was a massive bang😂 got home put it on the ramps found that the rear diff bush bolt had snapped. So the passenger side bolt it was by the petrol tank. Now I could have sworn I have heard this sound a month or so plus ago but wasn’t as bad now the hole diff if you put it into gear etc smashed on the bottom of the floor etc so it’s near undriveable noise is loud obviously as diff drops etc. can someone tell me please if I just need to replace this bolt or is there anything more that needs to be done diff bushes were done in March by the previous owner have reciepts etc for that. 
any info on where to go from here would be great I’ll have access to a hoist over the next week so just want to know if it’s as simple as a bolt replace or what ever else.

Xr6 is all pretty stock power etc nothing stupid. 
Thanks Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Replace with a higher strength rating or standard bolt if they have used a weaker one during the swap!? If that bush is fine and not phuked out then you should be gtg but check every bush closely using leverage.

• 5 months later...