FG motor into BA

ERICtheBERIC

• Member For: 9y 7m 19d

Gday guys im putting togther an FG motor to put into my BA and have run into a couple issues. Im using an FG turbo plenum with some normal 3/4 length injectors and the plug on cylinder 1 is fouling on a casting in the head just wondering as to why. Do the FG's use a slimmer plug or something? At this stage I think ill have to grind away at the head to get it to clear unless there are other options?

Another issue is the water feed line to the turbo. As im using the FG plenum I have to also use the FG heater line which has a different size and orientation of the turbo offshoot out of the thermostat housing if you know what I mean. I suppose I could get a tube bender and bend it and flare it into the right shape but I still have the issue of different tube sizing. The BA line is 8mm OD while the FG is 13mm. Ive been trying to look for a rubber hose reducer and havent had any luck, ideally it would also have a roughly 30 deg bend in it, any ideas where I might look for such a thing?

And finally there is this sensor on the BA motor which sat on one of the plenum bolts. No idea what it does but id doesnt fit on the FG plenum due to tight spacing to the heater line, just wondering if its anything important or if it can be deleted? Thanks a million for any help as always.

6Mkq03V.jpg

yN33Nmu.jpg

2udWoUo.jpg

I still havent figured out how to put images from imgur into a post cos im retarded but hopefully the above link works

Edited by k31th
fixed pics

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

1. FG's use "mid" length injectors, that's why you don't have the right amount of room. Just get some FG injectors and sell the ones you have.

2. Just use the B-series water line. Or go to a plumbing store and get a complete line made to suit your arrangement.

3. I'm not sure what that sensor is, but my guess is it's the butterfly for the N/A plenum and wasn't connected in your car or your car was originally a N/A.

• Member For: 8y 6m 15d

Had the same problem with mine in regards to injectors. I have FG length ones and just spun the injector around so the plug will clear.

That isn't a sensor it's the ground for the ignition coils. You need to find somewhere to put it, I have the same setup and it fits on mine.

• Like 1