How to remove ba falcon turbo manifold bracket bolts. Hints and tips needed

Falconhell13

• Member For: 4y 5m 29d

Does anyone have any tips on removing the manifold brack bolt closest to the firewall? I have everything off ready to go but cant for the life of me crack this bolt, can only get a ring spanner in there, locked a larger spanner on the 13mm spanner to lever it but it will not budge no matter how much weight n lever I can get with the space given, any help appreciated cheers

20201004_184401.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

You don't "have to" put the bracket back... I personally never do... but of course it'll help with longevity of the surrounding parts if you put it back.

I just couldn't get enough accurate leverage with a normal spanner, but one of those ring spanners that was bent like the picture above was able to get onto it snugly and be about 5cm longer so had enough torque to crack the nut and from there it was just a matter of patience to get it out.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Spray some CRC on it and get a longer lever such as a steel pipe. They're lock tighted from factory so can be hard to get started.

Wear a glove if you're worried about skinning yourself and try harder. For all you know you could be 95% of the way there.

• Member For: 4y 5m 29d

I ended up ripping the gloves off in anger and skinned my knuckles a few times from then onwards😂 even jump in the engine bay n had my foot pushing down on the bigger spanner I had locked onto the smaller one for leverage, just wouldnt crack though. Seemed excessive for the bracket bolt to be on so tight for that one bolt but im sure they had a reason🤷‍♂️will get a set of those spanners and see how I go. Cheers guys

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

if you've got a ring spanner on it tightly already, then puff's suggestions above should work fine... you just need better and more accurate leverage.