FGX

Rive_mk2

• Member For: 5y 5m 27d

Hey guys.. I had a BF 07 xr6 turbo recently sold it.. had nothing but problems with it.. everyone reckons get a 4WD but I'm just not into them.. I guess I'm wondering what are the FGX like in regards to reliability and things alike. You see alot of fg turbos for 25k but another 5k would get you into the x model.. anyone know much about them? Also a bit off topic.. what are the fg xr8s like.. I feel they would be reliable.. not saying the barra isn't.. I didn't have problems with the engine it's self but alot of other things. Turbo line blocked and needed new turbo and ball joints blah blah blah.. any comments are welcome.. thanks guys.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

These cars are allready getting old and have usually had a pretty hard life. Only buy one if your prepated to do maintenance and start replacing worn out bits.

In some ways a 2007 SS Late model camira may be a better option as the drivetrain/suspension is a bit more robust.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

driveline is only more robust because it's lacking in power through it that can actually cause it to lessen it's life xD

FGX XR8 is a nice vehicle. Get one. :spoton: Just doesn't have that turbocharger rush, but has a nicer sound.

• Like 1

Are they hard to get power out of the 8? Not looking to build a rocket but what can you do with them? What would you recommend on them? A cam and a tune or somethin.. how much are decent cams? I've always been under the idea that cams a re super expensive..  thanks.

Alright that's all I needed to hear. I'm just scared of gettin into a turbo again and it's a lemon like my 07 model.. but surely a much later fgx with a good dealer behind it should iron out a few heartbeats..

On another note you need a bit of recognition for your persistence on this forum. Whenever I post an inquiry you're always the first one to reply. Thanks for your time and knowledge on this post and other posts. I'm sure I'm talking for alot of other noobs aswell. Thanks Keith.