• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

I'm going to get either the drop in Turbosmart kit from Goleby's or just an inline fuel pressure sensor after xmas. I go away on Friday for a fortnight which is why I didn't buy at the moment as our Aus Post contracted retards just toss packages over the fence instead of carding and returning to depot (like my account says) and it's full on wet season here atm, plus the sh*tbags are in full on thief mode now! 

• 6 months later...
  • Donating Members

To save more topic starters I'm chasing recommendations for a fuel pressure sensor to install into my GFB drop in reg (as opposed to the basic needle gauge).

I'm looking on the efi solutions website at this sensor atm - SKU: 133-011 (150psi) but unsure if it's OK to use directly off the FPR?

It does mentions that it should be remote mounted and doesn't mention being liquid filled but appears the same as other filled sensors so any feedback with experience would be appreciated thanks. 

• Donating Members

To add to my previous post, this is what I was looking at although US based - https://lowdoller-motorsports.com/collections/pressure-sensors/products/pn-8990150-0-150-psi-pressure-sensor

I'd prefer not to spend a fortune on just the sensor as it needs to just track flow consistently regardless if it has an error (as long as that error is constant)... 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d
On 24/06/2022 at 4:11 AM, bjc said:

To save more topic starters I'm chasing recommendations for a fuel pressure sensor to install into my GFB drop in reg (as opposed to the basic needle gauge).

I'm looking on the efi solutions website at this sensor atm - SKU: 133-011 (150psi) but unsure if it's OK to use directly off the FPR?

It does mentions that it should be remote mounted and doesn't mention being liquid filled but appears the same as other filled sensors so any feedback with experience would be appreciated thanks. 

Just went to the link, it says compatible with all fuels and appropriate for use as a fuel pressure sensor? 

The note about remote mounting answers your question.

Note: Remote mounting of these sensors is recommended as direct engine vibration may cause premature failure.

I'd argue it's fine being directly mounted to the fpr 🤷‍♂️

• Donating Members

Yeh I thought it odd considering every other sensor is mounted directly to either the block or directly off hardline connected to the engine also... I guess they are covering their insurance arses! 

I've got a TS gauge atm to set base and whatever sensor I buy (probably around the hundy mark) I can compare to give me an idea of accuracy. 

On a side note, I installed a silicone intake elbow to the TB that I bought from TerritoryCrazy, it was meant to fit easy due to the Territory rocker cover (similar shape as the OEM 180° bend) but it doesn't... After spending considerable time with it I'll see how it goes but long story short I removed the stock bypass valve and just fit the NOB (Nizpro Overboost Valve) to try and nail down where the leak is. The turbo flutter is terrible and makes me cringe even with light throttle lifting! 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
2 hours ago, bjc said:

silicone intake elbow to the TB that I bought from TerritoryCrazy, it was meant to fit easy

Haha, haha, haha, aheh...yeah nah. I've got all kinds of gains and even I struggled to fit those silicones.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I got it on but it's the bottom of the TB that it wouldn't seat on properly. I had to install it upright then rotate it to the point of pulling away and I had to use the thin clamps instead of the 10mm+ one that was for the TB... Either way it'll probably keep coming off unless I trim the coil cover or fit the FG intake manifold but I'm not that keen atm!

• Donating Members

I should have taken a pic of the silicone before fitting it as it's a 180° with a slight down angle (droopy dick) about 2" from one end. It's only a mild droop (unlike myself) which really should be 30° give or take... 

When it blows off on the next hit I'll remove and upload pics of it and also fitted (how sketchy it is.

My back is rooted so I've been gaming all day on the Sony and currently killing time while I load 11000+ mame games onto the PS4! LOL

I just grabbed Elden Ring today thanks to a top backporter uploading it for us but I digress... 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Yeah I've fitted one of those TB silicones to someone else's car. It was a mission to get it on but once on it didn't pop off (up to 18psi) with a skinny clamp on there. Every single joiner was too small for the piping so based on that experience, I wouldn't use that brand for my personal rig. Go a full Plazmaman kit or make a custom kit.

• Donating Members

I just needed that joiner as the oem plastic is munced pretty good right at the TB end. My kit was custom made by the previous owner and is SS piping and tbh that kit looks almost identical to mine except with some extra silicone joiners... Current tune is mild with 18psi in the midrange (14psi up top). Lucky I didn't give it a nut full yesterday as I left the vacuum line off the fuel reg...

You'd think it would be easy getting a 1.25" to 1" hose (from IC pipe to bypass valve) but nope... Think I'll just do all my shopping online as Townsville is useless! 

At least the thieves do it easy here I guess