• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

@arronm Yea it may be a lot to spend for 300 mark, but that's not my final goal, just the first stage 😉

The idea in my head is that I don't want to upgrade stuff for 300, only to have to upgrade it all again once a bigger turbo is fitted. So if installing a bigger fuel pump and potential fpr now to save money later then its a no brainer imo!

walbro 460 may be overkill for 300kw, but 350 and over? At least this pump will be able to stay in the car for quite some time without the need to upgrade. Same goes for the injectors. @JETURBO if I go down the 460 intank route instead of the 255 like you and @arronm recommended, where would the limit (kw wise) be on just that setup? I really don't wanna have to replace the pump more than once 🤣

Basically, where is the limitations with a 460 pump + 1000cc injectors? Assume every supporting mod is done to reach this goal and the limitation is just this fuelling setup. 

If I can do a 460 + 1000 injectors now with a standard fpr then sweet! I can easily add an fpr later down the track. Especially seeing as goleby's does a drop in fpr kit for just shy of $350 - handy!

Goleby's sells the bosch injectors as "static flow matched", however you can pay a premium to get them dynamically flow matched. Extra $90. The injectors would be around the $105 per injector mark then. I have seen ID on a number of sites but they are usually more than $105 each, understandably though cause I've never heard anything bad come from ID injectors - same to be said for the bosch injectors too though.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

A walbro 460 requires a bigger positive feed cable & Relay to power it for one, yes many people just throw them in but they can and do melt the connector clip harness due to excess load on the factory underside cables 

There is two different Walbro pumps in nearly every range, Low pressure and High pressure, You want the high pressure model in any option 

A walbro 450/460 High pressure can typically flow enough for 440-450rwkw on E85 and crap loads on 98 fuel but just a single in tank pump doesn’t counteract the surge possibility that a correctly fitted Anti Surge tank does.... Something to think about 

If you go a Walbro 460 option go a drop in pot/module with one already fitted with return Venturi Modifications done  

ID & KPM take Raw Bosh injectors and make them much better, this is why they’re worth more ;) 

You will need electrical adaptors for Bosch EV14 injectors on top of purchase price, KPM have them listed 

Yes the GFB Drop in reg with Glass Gauge is a great option, remember the single feed rail becomes a restriction in the Flow of fuel too ;) 

Going a Twin feed rail and Stand alone Turbosmart Reg is a good option to maximise any fuel system and stretch legs further due to less restrictive area 

• Like 4

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

This is kind of my point ... You need this also

https://www.independentmotorsports.com.au/babf-fuel-system-relay-kit

This is why a 255 Walbro without a reg makes for good cheap sense due to having reasonable legs on 98 fuel but great as a lift pump for a surge tank later and actually having Anti surge functionality !

walbro module ~ $500

wiring kit ~ $170 

GFB reg ~$350 

Limited to 440 ish RWKW on E85 with Surge a reality 🤨

It is probably the cheapest way to get to the plus 400’s on E85 though for a fuel system 

Just be honest with yourself how far your end target actually is now and buy to suit that

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I tried to post this earlier but the forum is still dropping out for me.

The best route will be to get the 255 intank for now, then later you can upgrade with a surge tank and fpr, if you get to the point of making a lot more power.

Get rid of the idea that you're going to use a 460 on a stock reg. A drop in reg is all of $300 and is needed for the fuel system to work properly. Just because you can get away with it for a while doesn't mean you should. If you insist on a 460 intank then you need a reg too.

Be prepared to spend some money though, there is nothing cheap about building a properly done, reliable, high hp falcon. Also don't get caught up on numbers, 350rwkw is fast as hell on the street, never-mind going 400+.

Anyhow there's my 2 cents. :)

• Like 2

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Cheers @JETURBO & @Puffwagon!

Settled then! I'll get a 255 intank pump seeing as I'll be chasing the 300kw mark for the next 1.5 years at least! 400+kw is a long term goal that can only come after a house (as per the Mrs request 😅🤣 )

Next two purchases will be a 255 intank, then injectors.

Last on the list is a high flow cat and she'll be ready for the dyno! 💪

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Make sure you have new plugs in it. There is every chance that it will start to misfire on old plugs once it gets turned up.

These are pre-gapped to 0.7mm which is about where you want it.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Who is your tuner???

1 hour ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Cheers @JETURBO & @Puffwagon!

Settled then! I'll get a 255 intank pump seeing as I'll be chasing the 300kw mark for the next 1.5 years at least! 400+kw is a long term goal that can only come after a house (as per the Mrs request 😅🤣 )

Next two purchases will be a 255 intank, then injectors.

Last on the list is a high flow cat and she'll be ready for the dyno! 💪

1.5 years. You will want 400 within a month..........

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Will be Monsta Torque as he's doing my oil pump gears. Everyone I know goes through him and he's never let anyone I know down.

Just the wait time is agggggggesss cause he's always booked 😂

And yes I know you're 100% right about wanting more. But as the saying goes, happy wife happy life (she not my wife yet but you get the picture). I just have to contain myself till I can afford to have another car, so that I don't have to worry if I break the car 🤣

Rent too.... Rent is important to, well, live