Plazmaman 1000hp Cooler install tips

biddie_fiddler

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 19d

Hey all,

In before I'm told to take it to a shop - I'm stubborn and plan on doing it myself because its best way to learn!

My plazmaman 1000HP intercooler is arriving this week after a long and patient wait!

Cars already got the antz battery relo and intake kit, and intune motorsports IC piping. I know I need some silicone reducers for the piping to fit, pretty sure the intune kit came with some but I've lost them 🤷‍♂️

The plazmaman site states the cooler will fit all their piping kits, and I figure that because the IC piping kits on the market are all so similar that the Intune piping I have should be fine.

My actual reason for this thread is that I'm chasing some tips, photos, etc on the install of the cooler. I want to have as much info as I can before tackling the job cause I've been told its on the more difficult side. Some research on the forum says the same thing.

Anyone out there that can lend some of their knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Cheers all! 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 17d

I’ve done this job specifically ( Plazmaman 800/1000hp cooler onto ITMS piping kit ) 20 times easy. It’s nothing like the Plazmaman instructions suggest lol and yes you’re about to have fun ;) 

To type everything you need to do will take me way too long and then would need to punch out a bunch of photos to help with explanations

Buzz me a PM, I’ll give you my number and ring me when you’re about to do the job and I’ll walk you through it, I’ll also give you the part number for the x2 Plazmaman silicone reducer joiners to suit the combination 

Then you can do the write up lol 😂  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

that's a great offer ^^^

it's a pit of a PITA job, but not supremely difficult if you're willing to get the angle grinder out  and are careful with the A/C pipes, as mentioned above.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
8 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Chaps it’s a FG, not B series 

No A/C line bending required..... 

Thanks @JETURBO for the clarification! 

Its a 2010 FG, 50th ann. So far I've read on more than one thread on here about the a/c line bending, but on the other hand there's other threads saying otherwise. 

I wasn't too worried about it. When doing the battery relo and intake on my brothers mk2 we had to bend the power steering line so I figured the same process bending in small increments and being careful would do the job.

18 hours ago, JETURBO said:

I’ve done this job specifically ( Plazmaman 800/1000hp cooler onto ITMS piping kit ) 20 times easy. It’s nothing like the Plazmaman instructions suggest lol and yes you’re about to have fun ;) 

To type everything you need to do will take me way too long and then would need to punch out a bunch of photos to help with explanations

Buzz me a PM, I’ll give you my number and ring me when you’re about to do the job and I’ll walk you through it, I’ll also give you the part number for the x2 Plazmaman silicone reducer joiners to suit the combination 

Then you can do the write up lol 😂  

I'll definitely hit you up with that offer! You're a legend! 

Also, if I can remember, I'll do my best to document the entire process for a writeup and any issues I face during the install.

Hoping its a day job so I'm not without the daily for too long 😂

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members

Look what arrived in the mail yesterday!! 💪

Been talking with @JETURBO the last couple days and he's given me a bunch of tips! You're a true legend mate and I can't thank you enough for your help!

Also had a read through the instructions that came with the IC, they're not the best instructions especially when it comes to the vague measurement for the support bracket! Luckily I've got a much better reference from @JETURBO so should be pretty straightforward. The bracket is the only part of this install I've been worried about. Everything else is just trimming bumper parts, rock guards and stuff that's really not that bad!

I bought some 2.5" to 3" silicone reducers and better clamps. It was an absolute mission to get hold of the reducers though, most places are sold out completely. Apparently this is a common size for 4x4 snorkel kits 🤷‍♂️

But still, after a 55km round trip of going to multiple shops I secured two! They're quite difficult to put onto the end tanks of the intercooler, makes me think that 3" is probably just a smidge too small, still with a bit of love they went on so should work for the time being till I get some better ones. 

Out of curiosity though - to anyone that's done this install before, what did you find to be the hardest part? 

20200827_074625.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 17d

Yeh mate the 3* is super snug to get on and could be better if it was either bigger reference size or reduced the inlet/outlet by a smidge. 

Hope I’ve helped you out enough so it’s not a full on swear fest buddy :)  

• Haha 1