Flashing engine light and stuttering

Alex fg Barra

• Member For: 3y 7m 5d

Hey guys

so ive only had the car for about 3 months

it runs like an absolute dream, but sometimes when I put my foot down coming out of a corner, the engine light starts to flash and the car becomes all stuttery and vibrates like I’m trying to take off in 5th.

if I wait about 30 seconds or turn the car off it goes away and the car runs like a dream again.

the cars never been tuned to my knowledge, it has turbo side intake, eBay intercooler and alloy piping

any help would be appreciated 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

if by "engine light" do you mean the traction control light? that sounds like traction control symptoms...

does it have similar effect if you come to idle shortly after giving it a flogging in a straight line? if so, more likely to be soft valve springs.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 3y 7m 5d

Probably should have mentioned that traction control was off

its done it once before just as I started to do a stand still, so for the most part I’ve just been driving it like an old lady

edit* the first time it did it, I built the revs up, dropped the clutch and as soon as the tires started to light up the engine light started flashing and it started to run like sh*t, similar feeling to traction control, but not quite the same

Edited by Alex fg Barra