GTX3582R the goto for an FG upgrade?

BJSXR6TMKII

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
On 21/08/2020 at 10:29 AM, biddie_fiddler said:

Is there a reason why no one seems to trust the boosted turbo range from aeroflow?

Any threads of long time users of the turbo's? 

I understand they never started as a company that developed turbos but I don't understand why they've been given such a bad wrap? 

Surely someone can afford to see if this would be any good?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

I’ve sold quite a few 6662’s ( GTX G2 3582 equivalent ) lately and will be tuning one on E85 hopefully up fairly high ( 20+ psi / 450+ rwkw ) like I would a G2 GTX82 so look in my thread for a update soon chaps but the Aeroflow Turbo range are actually pretty good quality build wise so far.... but they’ve only been on the market about 12 months so no one will know if the really last 

y4scYPY.jpg

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d
16 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

but they’ve only been on the market about 12 months so no one will know if the really last 

I welded 8 fittings (Aeroflow ) to a couple of exhaust manifolds (steel)

The fittings were very low grade stuff, so much so that I probably wouldn't buy something from them 

not saying that this is indicative of Aeroflow generally, but my very limited personal experience with one of their products

• Gold Donating Members

Trust me the turbochargers are no where near indicative of their fittings 

I will never use their fittings again but did trial run their ZF 90* AN fittings on my own car as it was evident they’re not really theirs lol 

Aeroflow have core products that are made by them and are junk, then they re label products made by “others” which are glaringly obvious aren’t theirs..... This is the Turbocharger range for one ;) 

Many Many company's will produce items and either do them well or not so well but it’s very common to re label products they don’t exclusively make. In Aeroflow’s case everything not exclusively made by them is better than is lol but it doesn’t take a Genius to work it out 

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

so how are they offering turbo's so cheap (compared to every other seller at the moment) if they are on-selling somebody else's product that's of a high quality that's not available anywhere near the on-sold retail price? doesn't scream quality turbocharger to me.

doesn't seem like an economy of scale sort of thing, either, as surely they aren't purchasing a huge number of turbo's in a big hope to sell them in large numbers to be able to pass on the large purchase discount to their customers here in straya... hmmm

Edited by k31th

• Gold Donating Members

All I can say is if you knew the Cost price of a Garrett vs what it’s sold for RRP you would be pissed .... 

Correct most of “it” is in the CHRA and Apples for Apples this Aeroflow CHRA screams direct if not re branded big name CHRA 

Theres a lot of technology in a turbocharger... do you think a “Fitting” company just wakes up and starts clean sheet designing Turbochargers ? No 

Do you think they change casting names on compressor housings and give it their own re branded flavour for small outlay after buying bulk container load from potentially the same casting company as the big name turbocharger manufactures do ? Yes 

To Give you an idea a compressor housing made in the 1000+ bracket can be done for $50 

CHRA’s for $200 , Rear housings $150 and this is what both Garrett and Precision do. Garrett take the raw and polish it and give it great seals with decent ball bearing cages. Precision are rough as guts but add Ceramic bearing’s in cages 

Every manufacturer plays the warranty vs longevity game .... Garret wins, Precision has failed miserably, Aeroflow has cards on the table still, Mamba folded early on ....

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d
2 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

Do you think they change casting names on compressor housings and give it their own re branded flavour for small outlay after buying bulk container load from potentially the same casting company as the big name turbocharger manufactures do ? Yes 

I've worked in multiple foundries for multiple years and can confirm this happens all the time.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 9m 10d
39 minutes ago, k31th said:

so how are they offering turbo's so cheap (compared to every other seller at the moment) if they are on-selling somebody else's product that's of a high quality that's not available anywhere near the on-sold retail price? doesn't scream quality turbocharger to me.

doesn't seem like an economy of scale sort of thing, either, as surely they aren't purchasing a huge number of turbo's in a big hope to sell them in large numbers to be able to pass on the large purchase discount to their customers here in straya... hmmm

It's a valid question, if Aeroflow aren't making them then who is?

Do Aeroflow have something to match a GTX76 Gen2? @JETURBO