Fg xr6 project question

Joenash85

• Member For: 3y 7m 17d

Hey all, I’m sure this has been asked many times, but unfortunately I can’t seem to get the right combination of key words to find what I’m looking for.

I’ve got a 2010 fg falcon n/a, and like most, I’m adding a turbo, I’ve got about 95% of the parts I need for this, however, to try and make things easier, I’ve purchased a turbo ecu for this project, however, I’m concerned that I may not be able to use this ecu with my current n/a loom, so my question here is, is it possible to use the n/a loom, or will I have to get a turbo loom?, I know I don’t need to use the ecu, but for the time being, I just want to be able to connect everything up and run, so that when it comes to tuning, I don’t have to worry about much.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

you will need a turbo loom... the only good way to do the N/A-Turbo without selling the N/A and buying a Turbo is to swap the entire driveline and electrics (basically you turn the N/A into a rolling shell and then swap in absolutely everything including engine/trans/ancillaries/tailshaft/diff/driveshafts/rear-hubs, plus PCM/loom/BEM at minimum)

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 3y 7m 17d

Thanks for that, I'm not interested in getting rid of the drive line fully, I've got the 6 speed manual in already, I know I will need to modify the diff cradle, as for the engine, I will be replacing that with a gas motor down the road, I'm just wanting to get the turbo in ASAP, and just wondering if I will need the turbo loom or if I can get away with using the n/a loom with the turbo ECU.

So I'll need to find a loom to go with it, I'll have to either look for one or go to Ford for it.

Edited by Joenash85