FPV F6X Engine Mounts

AndyF6X

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 8m 18d

Hi Arronm 

Changed the rear gearbox mount yesterday and it was a bastard of a job. Had to make up a tool to push the new bush in. The front right hand side diff bush is also broken which might be the final part of the puzzle. 

• Like 1

Hi All. 

Thanks for everbodies suggestions unfortunately after changing all the drive line bushings. 3 x rear diff. 3 x front diff. 1 x rear engine/gearbox mount. 2 x engine mounts. Vibration has changed but still there. All the bushings were broken and needed to be changed. Today I got Ford to connect their laptop to the OBD2 port and go for a test drive with me. When the vibration starts it showed a misfire on all cylinders.  There view is that it could be the torque converter but first we are going to change the coil packs and the crank angle sensor. They no longer think it's the drive shafts. Has anybody come across this and if it is the torque converter what's the most economical way to go. 

Does anybody know if a torque converter with a damaged turbine blade confuse the on board computer. Throttle position and irregular trust casing computer to compensate causing a misfire type vibration.

This is what Ford are telling me could be the problem but its a big leap of faith to potentially change a torque converter if nothing wrong with it.

Thanks AndyF6X