FPV F6X Engine Mounts

AndyF6X

• Member For: 3y 7m 26d

Hi All

I have just bought a FPV F6X unfortunately it has a vibration while in high gears and under load. I have changed the rear and front diff bushes and balanced the tail shaft on and off the vehicle and I'am still getting a vibration. the only thing left is engine and gear box mounts. Ford want nearly $1200 for a pair of engine mounts does anybody know if you can get after market mounts.

Thanks

Hi k31th

Thanks for your reply.

Ball joints have also been done. Does anybody know if you can use the normal Turbo Territory engine mounts. I would assume the F6X mounts are physically the same just a stiffer compound to put up with the extra torque.

AndyF6X

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
11 hours ago, AndyF6X said:

Hi All

I have just bought a FPV F6X unfortunately it has a vibration while in high gears and under load. I have changed the rear and front diff bushes and balanced the tail shaft on and off the vehicle and I'am still getting a vibration. the only thing left is engine and gear box mounts. Ford want nearly $1200 for a pair of engine mounts does anybody know if you can get after market mounts.

Thanks

Did you replace all 3 front bushes? Transfer case mount ? rear gearbox mount ?

I use these engine mounts in my turbo. 

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/search?q=territory engine mounts&lang=en_AU&vid=Bd0kuvFDTV4oq46EEkk29w%3D%3D

Only difference for F6X is blue intercooler cover, bigger brakes, bigger exhaust tips. And better tune,. 

Edited by arronm

Hi Arronm

Replaced 3 rear diff bushes and all front bushes except rear gearbox mount.

If I replace rear gearbox mount and engine mounts hopefully vibration will go.

Every job on these are difficult to get to.

Thanks AndyF6X

I will be very happy for a long time keep after I have sorted out some of the gremlins.

Another one found today. Vehicle starts and runs smoothly but after sitting in traffic for a few minutes the engine starts to run rough and try's to stall. The head was rebuilt 2 years ago so the inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets were replaced.

Any Ideas ???

Thanks AndyF6X

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Replaced engine mounts and rear gearbox mount today. Vibration has reduced but still there under load.

A few people have said that these territories also have troubles with the drive shafts so that's my next project.

The vibration has changed from the whole vehicle shaking to a smaller vibration which feels like its just coming from under the drivers feet.

Is there anything else inside the diffs or transfer case that could cause this.

After the drive shafts are done that's the whole drive train replaced.

Thanks AndyF6X