BF Typhoon Accelerator Pedal Spacer

Mixalis

• Member For: 10y 10m 9d

Hi all,

Have done a quick search - not sure if anyone has asked this qtn before. Has anyone figured out a way to bring the accelerator pedal a little higher than the factory position? Reason I ask is because I have found that the accelerator is a little low relative to the brake pedal - making it a little hard to blip the throttle while under braking (I plan to track the car a little bit in the future). From what I've seen, the way the pedal mounts to the pedal box is a little peculiar. 

I have a mill and can also fabricate, so I don't mind giving it a crack eventually, just wanted to see if anyone else has an existing solution before I have a go

Cheers!

Michael 

• Member For: 12y 6m 26d

You could put an adjustable pedal box in - assuming auto...

Your steering column already has the wiring, the switch goes into the recess/blank out below the barrel... 

Now I have seen some that just bring the brake pedal up/down and some that bring both up and down together...

Might be worth looking into...

• Like 1

Manual

12 hours ago, joncitizen said:
You could put an adjustable pedal box in - assuming auto...

Your steering column already has the wiring, the switch goes into the recess/blank out below the barrel... 

Now I have seen some that just bring the brake pedal up/down and some that bring both up and down together...

Might be worth looking into...

Thanks for the reply mate, mine is a manual. Did some reading and it seems it’s just the autos that seem to have the adjustable pedals...

Is there a specific model that had the adjustable accelerator?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
On 29/07/2020 at 6:34 AM, Mixalis said:

Manual

Thanks for the reply mate, mine is a manual. Did some reading and it seems it’s just the autos that seem to have the adjustable pedals...

Is there a specific model that had the adjustable accelerator?

Accel needs to be lower for heel toe as you press the brake pedal down..

When on the track I just left foot brake. Then you can give it a dab when the tyres start to spin. 

Definitely need the accelerator pedal to come up, even under full brakes I can only just get to the throttle. Most aftermarket kits for other cars with similar pedal height differences are spacers that being the throttle pedal up (Focus for example).

If the DBW pedal to throttle body relationship was adjustable I might have been able to make it more sensitive.

Anyway I’ll see if I can rig up something if it’s possible at all, thanks all!

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Watch, spacing it up. As when you mash  it you will have to much travel and brake it. Get it brake it.....

I can heed toe in my manual F6 , But just learn to left foot brake. 

Edited by arronm