Rebuilt tailshaft - issue with vibration

Pabloxr6

• Member For: 12y 10m 27d

Hey, got a stock BF2 Turbo with the zf, about 224k old, recently rebuilt the turbo with a ball bearing centre. Love it. Sheared the middle of the tailshaft mid 2nd gear after coming out of a corner into a 100 zone, was giving it a fair poke.. broke in the centre, went bang bang underneath, I have sheared a tailshaft on my old starion so into neutral quickly and stopped, my local guy got the tailshaft rebuilt with a few heavier items and bigger rubbers toward the gearbox (?), when I got her back had a turbo noise which turned out to be a couple of broken brackets around the mouth of the turbo, fixed, then first ride out everything kind of normal, well babying it a bit, went to overtake a car at 80kph and dropped it, vibrations. So either a unbalanced tailshaft or diff, have any of you come across this before before I send her back to the shop?? Gearbox operates fine, so don't think it's an issue... 

• Member For: 12y 10m 27d

Def changing with power, when on it as such.... On light throttle cannot tell difference.. 

Would say severe, when going changing gear OK on light throttle, then go to down change to give it severe so backing off.. As said box is doing its thang, just the vibrations.. 

It kicks down OK, it's just the revs where it starts to go to sh*te.. Go on smooth it feels like it builds vibration, diff? She's been flogged for at least 200k..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 11m 12d

I had the same problem with my BA XR6T, if the joins in the tailshaft wernt marked before it was taken out and put back in exactly the same way it will be unbalanced, spoke to hardy Spicer and was told it's very common on the BA/BF, very hard to balance again once it's been done too, some places can get it right with a tailshaft balance but the only place down here (tas) that did an in car balance were 3 hours away for me, good luck