Need help

St33nXR

• Member For: 3y 9m 17d

Ive just replaced my whole dash in my xr6t ba 2005 and im using the same icc and pcm but car will not start at all I even went and got a second key made (150 bucks) to-do a pats reset but the second key is not being reconized by the forscan software, security error is on the icc all warning lights are on the cluster I've tried everything but nothing seems to be working I'm most likely gonna have to send it to an auto elic any ideas are appreciated I'm sstuck and have put more money into it than I wanted too cheers 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

the BEM (Body Electronics Module) is the part you need to ensure comes from the original in-dash module. It's the part where the four (or five) plugs connect to the looms at the bottom.

Yeah it's the original bem and pcm from the car only thing that's now diffent is the dash and cluster it is from a non turbo ba everything else has not changed I got a new transponder key today from the local locksmith and when I do the pats reset it wont pick it up but picks the original up so I'm lost it thinks its been stolen should I go to a ford dealer? Or back to the locksmith because the key isnt recognized sorry for all this just dont wanna spend more  cash if I don't have too 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

If you asked for something from the locksmith and they didn't provide such a service, I'd be going back to them first. Let them know exactly where you got each hardware from and where it currently is plugged in and then get them to re-code the BEM and BEM-related systems correctly. Ford will be able to sort it out, too, but probably won't be cheap.

Yeah I asked if they could make a duplicate key I thought it would of been coded and stuff  I'll have to go back tomorrow if not I'll go and see a ford dealer or something cheers the help hopefully I can get it sorted just want my xr back and to be dosing everywherr haha 

• 2 years later...