BA xr6 turbo boost gauge w/no bov

Turbo0000

• Member For: 3y 8m 21d

Apologies for the noob question. I have a ba xr6t and a boost gauge to install, yet I have no bov. I was wondering where to install the t piece as usually it would be connected through the vacuum line from the bov if I'm correct. But since I have no bov, I'm lost

Edited by Turbo0000
Noob*

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 5d

Sometimes boost gauges have small fittings for plastic tube and then an adaptor to the vac line so that you don't have to run vac line all the way to the dash.

Post a pic of the back of the gauge and the vac line you found.

• Gold Donating Members

It looks like your boost gauge line is smaller diameter than the vac lines, but has that T piece.

So connect that line to the gauge and into the middle of the T. Then just cut a vac line under the bonnet and connect those to each end of the T. I'll grab a photo later if the sort of thing you are looking for.

That BOV you have taken a photo of is the actual air path for the BOV, not the vacuum line that controls operation of the valve. There will be a much smaller line floating around somewhere that been blocked off as well. You see the size you are looking for when I grab a photo.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Don't T into the fuel reg line though, they prefer to have their own uninterrupted manifold supply.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if you did, but don't.

• Gold Donating Members

You could put a hose on there and connect to your gauge. You'd have to still reduce it down to the size of that new line though, using the T.

So you could plumb the gauge to the t with the supplied line. Then connect some vac line from the spot where the bolt currently is to the T. Then a bit more line off the T that you then block with a bolt.

For reference, this is what a BOV set up looks like with a vac line to control the valve. f0250291654a390903faac234b986ab3.jpg