BarraStang Swap/T56 Measurements

• Member For: 3y 8m 25d

Not a very exciting picture but here is a picture of how too far back the shifter is compared to factory hole in the car. 

QJAfHdB.jpg

As far as the engine, it hangs in there nicely. Will just need to somehow relocate the cylinder head temp sensor at some point....

Going to space k member 1/2" down mainly to help with transmission placement and then make the decision as to if I shall chop a hole and make the shifter work where it is. This would be much easier if I just gutted interior like proper race car but I dont wanna! :wild:

• 1 month later...

I set my seat back in the car and tried it out, dont think it will be that bad with a short shifter.

Heres a link to an update video I made, haven't had much time lately but when I have I have been hitting the wiring hard lately. 

I received my 6boost manifold and Atomic timing kit this week, amazingly fast shipping time and email support from Golebys. 

Thankfully the little wastegate pipe off the manifold does clear the strut tower, but now trying to decide what to do about the big turbo compressor outlet flange bumping into the manifold runners.

I believe I will try to run CP-Carrillo rods and pistons. Currently trying to decide about valves because I know the N/A ones wont handle the heat. 

Any suggestions for a nice set of valves? Only place I have contact thus far is Supertech about their inconel valves.

Edited by bigpermgarage
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Look ma, no hands!

Finally finished up motor mounts. 

Getting ready to order ARP Studs, ACL HX Bearings, and a Ross Damper.

From what I understand, the extra .001 clearance the HX bearings have is prefered in moderate power/bigger boost with these engines. 

Also, does anyone know of anyone running a spool girdle? The ad says compatible with OEM Windage tray, caps, sump. Its a 10mm. 

I have read others doing modifications when using the atomic girdle but havent seen any spool examples yet. 

Edited by bigpermgarage

• 4 months later...

Been a while I know but just a quick update:

IM IN NEED OF MAIN STUDS!

ARP keeps pushing the backorder date further back. My engine is at the machine shop waiting in line but if I dont get some studs soon they will be waiting on them. 

Check out my YouTube (BigPermGarage) for better updates including shots of my freshly painted engine bay. 

• 11 months later...